At least 20 killed by suicide car bomb blast in Somalia

Chief Kivoi

Village Elder
#1

At least 20 people were killed and 30 wounded by a suicide car bomb just outside a restaurant near the port in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu late on Friday.
The blast sent plumes of smoke into the sky and triggered gunfire, witnesses and state-owned media reported.
“So far we have carried 20 dead people and 30 injured from the blast scene,” Dr Abdulkadir Aden, founder of AAMIN Ambulance services, told Reuters news agency.
The blast occurred at the Luul Yemeni restaurant near the port, witnesses said.
“A speeding car exploded at Luul Yemeni restaurant. I was going to the restaurant but ran back when the blast shook and covered the area with smoke,” said resident Ahmed Abdullahi.
Police spokesman Sadiq Ali Adan blamed the attack on the armed group al-Shabab, which is linked to al-Qaeda and often targets Mogadishu with bombings. The Luul Yemani restaurant also was attacked last year.


At least one building near the restaurant collapsed after the blast and people were feared to be trapped in the rubble. The bombing occurred at dinner time when the restaurant was full.

No one claimed responsibility for the blast.
“The blast was very heavy and caused massive destruction and civilian casualties. The operation is still going on to establish the exact number of casualties,” said security officer Mohamed Osman.
Al-Shabab frequently carries out such bombings in Somalia and elsewhere as part of its campaign to topple the Horn of African country’s central government and establish its own rule based on its strict interpretation of Islamic law.
Security in Mogadishu had been especially heavy with thousands of government forces deployed in anticipation of a planned demonstration on Saturday by an alliance of opposition leaders over the country’s delayed national election. The demonstration was later postponed.
 

spear

Village Sponsor
#2
Alshabab factions all over Somali are controlled by proxies at different times or by many proxies at the same time. Example the Somali government in villa Somali actively support AS in our common border with arms, Intel and supplies. In Mogadishu AS is a criminal gang for hire by businessmen, clan leaders, foreign interests and farmoja himself. AS do their bidding for money and support.

So this bombing needs to be looked at whom its serves most. farmoja term as president is over. A united opposition is at the door of villa Somali to remove him. His support for AS and pretends to fight them has failed to secure security in Mogadishu let alone Somali regions. There was a planned rally of opposition leaders again this weekend. They blocked all major streets junctions in Mogadishu to prevent them from assembly since Thursday. Then how come this truck got through? This car bomb explosion was ordered by farmoja. He wants the streets empty and his control of government to continue under him despite expiry of his presidency. Regional leaders don't recognise his authority since it has lapsed. He needs cover to rule, corona measures and curfews imposed was one way but doesn't give him cover during the day when opposition can still rally. So get bombs to go off and call in the troops into the street.

The stupidity of Somali is best captured by Anisom reports. 90% of the trained troops to fight AS end up staying in Mogadishu as personal guards to politicians. The other 10% are used sporadically and not sustained campaigns against AS in the regions. Its a complete waste of time. So now you have 4000 troops trained by usa to fight AS blocking roads in Mogadishu to give farmoja space against rallies. Where have they being since 2016 when Mogadishu suffered weekly bombings.

Somali is a proper shithold country. You have the international community and neighbouring countries more involved in securing their country but they don't do their part well or consistent enough. Its like they want to be begged to deal with the constant bombings in their city and country. Let it be. Nobody cares anymore. That's why usa relocated all its troops from there to Manda Bay base Lamu.
 
Last edited:

Electronics4u

Village Senator
Staff member
#4
Alshabab factions all over Somali are controlled by proxies at different times or by many proxies at the same time. Example the Somali government in villa Somali actively support AS in our common border with arms, Intel and supplies. In Mogadishu AS is a criminal gang for hire by businessmen, clan leaders, foreign interests and farmoja himself. AS do their bidding for money and support.

So this bombing needs to be looked at whom its serves most. farmoja term as president is over. A united opposition is at the door of villa Somali to remove him. His support for AS and pretends to fight them has failed to secure security in Mogadishu let alone Somali regions. There was a planned rally of opposition leaders again this weekend. They blocked all major streets junctions in Mogadishu to prevent them from assembly since Thursday. Then how come this truck got through? This car bomb explosion was ordered by farmoja. He wants the streets empty and his control of government to continue under him despite expiry of his presidency. Regional leaders don't recognise his authority since it has lapsed. He needs cover to rule, corona measures and curfews imposed was one way but doesn't give him cover during the day when opposition can still rally. So get bombs to go off and call in the troops into the street.

The stupidity of Somali is best captured by Anisom reports. 90% of the trained troops to fight AS end up staying in Mogadishu as personal guards to politicians. The other 10% are used sporadically and not sustained campaigns against AS in the regions. Its a complete waste of time. So now you have 4000 troops trained by usa to fight AS blocking roads in Mogadishu to give farmoja space against rallies. Where have they being since 2016 when Mogadishu suffered weekly bombings.

Somali is a proper shithold country. You have the international community and neighbouring countries more involved in securing their country but they don't do their part well or consistent enough. Its like they want to be begged to deal with the constant bombings in their city and country. Let it be. Nobody cares anymore. That's why usa relocated all its troops from there to Manda Bay base Lamu.
Interesting insights.
 

Cheza juu

Village Elder
#7
Head of Somali intelligence is a former journalist and an AS sympathiser.


He has managed to brainwash Somalis,he also spins alot.

That plan of having each member state have her own forces working with friendly militias was the most effective way to clean Somalia,but farmajo with few foreign trained forces and donor money thinks he can,he is drunk with power.
 

Baby Panay

Village Birrionea
#8
Alshabab factions all over Somali are controlled by proxies at different times or by many proxies at the same time. Example the Somali government in villa Somali actively support AS in our common border with arms, Intel and supplies. In Mogadishu AS is a criminal gang for hire by businessmen, clan leaders, foreign interests and farmoja himself. AS do their bidding for money and support.

So this bombing needs to be looked at whom its serves most. farmoja term as president is over. A united opposition is at the door of villa Somali to remove him. His support for AS and pretends to fight them has failed to secure security in Mogadishu let alone Somali regions. There was a planned rally of opposition leaders again this weekend. They blocked all major streets junctions in Mogadishu to prevent them from assembly since Thursday. Then how come this truck got through? This car bomb explosion was ordered by farmoja. He wants the streets empty and his control of government to continue under him despite expiry of his presidency. Regional leaders don't recognise his authority since it has lapsed. He needs cover to rule, corona measures and curfews imposed was one way but doesn't give him cover during the day when opposition can still rally. So get bombs to go off and call in the troops into the street.

The stupidity of Somali is best captured by Anisom reports. 90% of the trained troops to fight AS end up staying in Mogadishu as personal guards to politicians. The other 10% are used sporadically and not sustained campaigns against AS in the regions. Its a complete waste of time. So now you have 4000 troops trained by usa to fight AS blocking roads in Mogadishu to give farmoja space against rallies. Where have they being since 2016 when Mogadishu suffered weekly bombings.

Somali is a proper shithold country. You have the international community and neighbouring countries more involved in securing their country but they don't do their part well or consistent enough. Its like they want to be begged to deal with the constant bombings in their city and country. Let it be. Nobody cares anymore. That's why usa relocated all its troops from there to Manda Bay base Lamu.
I am interested in their ports. So I can pay Alshabab to do my bidding?
 

spear

Village Sponsor
#9
Somali made a mistake. Kenyan troops in every peace keeping or enforcement mission abroad have experience with this. Bosnia, Namibia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Liberia etc. Any civil war conflict or independent struggle will need disarmament of the population to secure peace. For this to happen the locals need to have the will power to help effect it. Somali and South Africa didn't and that why gangs took up the weapons to cause chaos. AS is a reflection of Somali society. They pay tax to them, they aid them, their own family members are part of it, local to villa Somali politicians support it and they become part of the community. So why expect outsiders to come remove them from yourselves. Deal with them first if you want meaningful change. In Somali the foreign troops have a joke that farmoja is AS president. Nobody trusts giving time sensitive Intel to Somali army or Intel. They have AS members embedded.

Lastly Somali has been zombified. A bomb blast here. Charred debris of metal, body parts and structure all over. You would think the shock effect would be huge, wapi. The clean up is just as swift or put aside. Before the blood can be wiped well and the place well cleaned you find traffic is back up in the area. The rest will remain there unscene and slowly cleaned up until done. However the scene is forgotten quickly. They have been zombified that car bombs, mass casualties deaths are normal occurances of the city. A society consciousness has died.
 

T.Vercetti

Village Sponsor
#10
Former GSU and cow shafter @Budspencer angekuwa hapa angejifanya vile yeye ni explosives expert from Bomet na vile alikuwa on the ground maovu yakitendeka.

Ukijaribu kumkosoa kidogo anaporomosha matusi kaa yote. Kuna siku walipelekana na njaruo deorro hadi karibu wapatiane address ya kule watakutana wadungane visu. :D

It is funny that they are now on the same website.
 

Top