- They serve to cushion the ischial tuberosity of your pelvis when you sit down.
- The buttocks also compose of three gluteus muscles: gluteus minimus, gluteus medius, and gluteus maximus — all which have important functions.
- Gluteus maximus extends and laterally rotates the hip.
- Gluteus medius and minimus abducts the hip, and medially rotates the thigh (so you can walk!).
- A minor muscle of the buttock is the tensor fascia latae which also functions to abduct, medially rotate, and flex the thigh.
Hiyo ingine ni kiere'ere