Good points by fellow talkers. My take
1. In your 20s concentrate on getting requisite education and skills.
2.Even after being educated know that the labour market is very tough. so be very agressive in applying for jobs. Try entry level jobs in PSC(K) and the private sector. If you have a good skill consider self employment.
3. Once you have a job save at least 30% of your income. Be frugal in spending. No shortcut here you must build a chest for future investments
4.Obtain financial information from from books through frequent reading. Get a book on investment and portfolio analysis,stocks for dummies,introduction to bond analysis etc etc. Even when you dont have background in finance/econ. Some of the top hedge funds managers in US are chemists engineers etc.
5. Only invest in traditional tried and tested investments assets (stocks,real estate, bonds tbills money market etc). steer clear of betting,crypto,and forex or any new investment scheme!
6.strive to have other sources of income (using knowledge from my point 4&5)
7. My take on real estate is different from other talkers. Cashflow is king. Dont buy multiple plots in far flung places expecting to make a kill in your 50s and 60s. Dead capital. Your house must not be your first big investment(unless its a rental). It ties down alot of capital which could have been used to generate cashflows. Buy one prime plot in a good area,2.5- 4m. Direct all your resources in Developing storey rentals in phases. what you require is cash flows to boost your savings for further investments.
Treat your wife well and incorporate her in your side business. very important.
8. Many things that could go wrong in life WILL go wrong so pray and hope(sickness,termination,corona,salary cuts and other worse things i cant metion). Never lose hope..