Waititu's retarded decree

Kaffir

Village Elder
#1
Same chieth in rift valley forcing out a VC who is not "one of us"

Governor tells Kiambu firms to hire 70pc local workers


Companies operating in Kiambu County will be compelled to employee 70 per cent of locals if a proposed law is implemented.

The Kiambu County Employment Bill 2017 is already causing jitters to investors in the area.

Governor Ferdinand Waititu said all factories, estates and public institutions will be required to adhere to the law to help the county create jobs. He said the proposed law will serve to absorb at least 50 per cent of unemployed people in Kiambu County.

“The proposal is perfectly in conformity with Section 65 of County Governments Act that requires county governments to ensure at least 30 per cent of public positions are filled by people not from the dominant ethnic community in the county,” he said. The 70 per cent, he added, is therefore “an exclusive share” for residents.

“We are going to table the law in the county assembly and pass it. And I will sign it into law. We cannot be talking about our commitment to create jobs yet we are doing nothing to grab the opportunities in our county,” he said.

READ: Kiambu registers land agents to curb fraud

“You are a contractor and you win a tender in Kiambu County, regardless whether that tender has been awarded by the central or county government, you will have to employ 70 per cent of our people.”

He said the law will apply even to public institutions like Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenyatta University and Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology.

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Go...-local-workers/996-4212428-9h7vwiz/index.html
 

Regis2812

Village Elder
#4
It is wrong!! A Kenyan should never lose his job because he is kabila adui, never.
It all should be on merit, not "our people are adequately represented odmOjinga.
Why are wajaluo crying here yet it is the very same thing they have been fighting for? Hypocrisy is worse than cancer.
 

Amused

Village Elder
#5
Until the retaliatory actiin begins and Baba Yao is faced with 'returnees' from all corners of Kenya without jobs and his 70% is full.
It is not enforceable. Is the Governor going to go around counting all employees in all the forms to ensure that this 70% quota has been fulfilled? He has also not mentioned what the current local hiring percentage is, which in all likelihood means that he doesn’t know. Which also means that he doesn’t know how many jobs are going to be created.

This is a political move of no practical consequence.
 

Purple

Moderator
Staff member
#6
Excellent-o!! Waititu for governor 2022.
Until the retaliatory actiin begins and Baba Yao is faced with 'returnees' from all corners of Kenya without jobs and his 70% is full.
Let them go ahead.
It is wrong!! A Kenyan should never lose his job because he is kabila adui, never.
It all should be on merit, not "our people are adequately represented odmOjinga.
Why are wajaluo crying here yet it is the very same thing they have been fighting for? Hypocrisy is worse than cancer.
It is not wrong, non locals still have 30%. We are living in devolution era per the constitution. Moreover kiambu locals WITH merit and qualifications are being passed over for jobs.
 

Purple

Moderator
Staff member
#7
Is the Governor going to go around counting all employees in all the forms to ensure that this 70% quota has been fulfilled?
Yes, exactly.

“The proposal is perfectly in conformity with Section 65 of County Governments Act that requires county governments to ensure at least 30 per cent of public positions are filled by people not from the dominant ethnic community in the county,” he said. The 70 per cent, he added, is therefore “an exclusive share” for residents.
 

Amused

Village Elder
#9
It is not wrong, non locals still have 30%. We are living in devolution era per the constitution. Moreover kiambu locals WITH merit and qualifications are being passed over for jobs.
Waititu is a retard. Non-locals are NOT ensured of 30%. Let us look at what the law says:

“Section 65 of County Governments Act ... requires county governments to ensure at least 30 per cent of public positions are filled by people not from the dominant ethnic community in the county,”
This means that if Kiambu is made up of 73% Kikuyus, 10% Kambas and 17% other, 30% of the jobs are reserved for Kambas and other. What Waititu is trying to do is lock the other 70% for the “dominant” tribe. This in essence means that nobody who is not ‘local’ to the county can work there! What kind of stupidity is that?
 

Amused

Village Elder
#10
Yes, exactly.

“The proposal is perfectly in conformity with Section 65 of County Governments Act that requires county governments to ensure at least 30 per cent of public positions are filled by people not from the dominant ethnic community in the county,” he said. The 70 per cent, he added, is therefore “an exclusive share” for residents.
I doubt that you know what you are saying.
 

Purple

Moderator
Staff member
#11
Hapo waititu ako na point kwanza huyo vc Wa jkuat anafaa aachishwe job
Prof Mabel Imbuga, VC Jkuat. That administration imenyanyasa watu (locals) sana.
Waititu is a retard. Non-locals are NOT ensured of 30%. Let us look at what the law says:

“Section 65 of County Governments Act ... requires county governments to ensure at least 30 per cent of public positions are filled by people not from the dominant ethnic community in the county,”
This means that if Kiambu is made up of 73% Kikuyus, 10% Kambas and 17% other, 30% of the jobs are reserved for Kambas and other. What Waititu is trying to do is lock the other 70% for the “dominant” tribe. This in essence means that nobody who is not ‘local’ to the county can work there! What kind of stupidity is that?
Kaa hapo tu. Watch and learn..:D
 
K

Kimakia

Guest
#13
Waititu go ahead and implement it,kai megutuaka matuake nginya mutwee...kwanza hiyo JKUAT.Can't it be a university without 90% lecturers n casual staff from Western Kenya.
 
#17
It is not enforceable. Is the Governor going to go around counting all employees in all the forms to ensure that this 70% quota has been fulfilled? He has also not mentioned what the current local hiring percentage is, which in all likelihood means that he doesn’t know. Which also means that he doesn’t know how many jobs are going to be created.

This is a political move of no practical consequence.
os kof
 
L

Luther12

Guest
#19
Same chieth in rift valley forcing out a VC who is not "one of us"

Governor tells Kiambu firms to hire 70pc local workers


Companies operating in Kiambu County will be compelled to employee 70 per cent of locals if a proposed law is implemented.

The Kiambu County Employment Bill 2017 is already causing jitters to investors in the area.

Governor Ferdinand Waititu said all factories, estates and public institutions will be required to adhere to the law to help the county create jobs. He said the proposed law will serve to absorb at least 50 per cent of unemployed people in Kiambu County.

“The proposal is perfectly in conformity with Section 65 of County Governments Act that requires county governments to ensure at least 30 per cent of public positions are filled by people not from the dominant ethnic community in the county,” he said. The 70 per cent, he added, is therefore “an exclusive share” for residents.

“We are going to table the law in the county assembly and pass it. And I will sign it into law. We cannot be talking about our commitment to create jobs yet we are doing nothing to grab the opportunities in our county,” he said.

READ: Kiambu registers land agents to curb fraud

“You are a contractor and you win a tender in Kiambu County, regardless whether that tender has been awarded by the central or county government, you will have to employ 70 per cent of our people.”

He said the law will apply even to public institutions like Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenyatta University and Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology.

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Go...-local-workers/996-4212428-9h7vwiz/index.html

https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?threads/‘baba-yao’-and-kiambu-county-jobs.63547/
 

Top