A insightful read. Here's a brief summary to help people avoid commiting/repeating mistakes.
1. Alcohol: if you've never taken a sip, don't. If you've drank to the point of getting a hangover, start the process of quitting and stand by it.
2. Drugs: avoid all drugs. Weed may be an exception for some incredibly smart people, but the risk isn't worth it if you've never tried.
3 Women: women who drink alcoholand single mothers (unless father is dead or insane) are like mutura or maindi choma...you eat on the way as you move, hazifikangi 'home kwa meza'. Also on women...there a few good ones but let them prove themselves first as most women are vain, selfish, wasteful, ungrateful, impulsive, lazy, entitled, merciless and vindictive. Avoid prostitutes, but if you can't, chew the cheap ones, but make sure they bathe first. These are very dirty people. If you persist in whoring you will die poor and bitter
5. Friends: you don't need many friend, you need quality friendships. A good friend is first able to keep secrets. Then they tell you the truth. Nothing surpasses these qualities.
6. Finances: money maketh the man, so be careful how you spend it and be sure to maximize the days when you can earn, cause nobody knows tomorrow. Don't borrow if you don't understand finance i.e. things like interest etc
7. Work and biz: don't steal no matter how tempting. Work with competent people and focus more on building transferrable skills and good networks. These will help you more than a good salary or big profits, which may lead you to an unsustainable lifestyle.
8. Family: break off financially from your folks and siblings. And keep your wife and kids at bay from your finances and work. The best way to do this is to over share useless details but keep a tight lid over the real assets.
9. Faith: pray, be humble, help the poor and preach with your actions. Love God. This will help you.