Home » Campus News » Behind the Murder of Uon Student OCS Ragira Samuel (What we know so far)
Behind the Murder of Uon Student OCS Ragira Samuel (What we know so far)
MARCH 14, 2019 KENYAYOTE REPORTER CAMPUS NEWS
University of Nairobi renowned student commonly known as OCS Ragira Samuel is dead. He was murdered on Thursday 14th March 2019 at about 7:00 pm by people who are yet to be identified. His body has been taken to City Mortuary.
Summary of Topics [hide]
- 1 OCS Ragira Samuel last words before being brutally killed
- 2 OCS Ragira report of being threatened.
- 3 Reaction from Friends on the Murder of CS Ragira
On his latest Facebook status update On Thursday 2:41 pm, OCS Ragira said “ Now they want to grab Klabuu 36. Goons armed with pangas and pistols to scare people. It cannot happen.”
Some few hours later he was murdered. Although there is no clear information as to who killed him, it is clear that his death might have arose from Klub 36 dispute.
OCS Ragira was on the front-line in the fight against any supposed closer or take over of the land where Klub 36 sat.
OCS Ragira report of being threatened.
On Wednesday 13th March 2019 OCS Ragira indicated that he is being threatened. Quote, Unquote;
“It is unfortunate that Mungiki are terrorising Klabu 36 traders with pangas and guns taking advantage of the situation. They are demanding 10K from every trader to build a kibanda. This issue is disturbing as the police are watching it happen. Students are being harassed and others losing their phones. We want to know why the police can side with people terrorising innocent Kenyans. Why should a mama mboga pay 10K to unknown people to do business? Are we managed by terrorists in the name of police? I reported this matter to Jogoo house control room and police were sent but they instead resorted to ignore the situation. We now appeal to the County government and National government to tell us who are these criminals. We cannot allow. Personally I was threatened by a panga. So where are we heading as a nation?”
Reaction from Friends on the Murder of CS Ragira
- Ongoma Isaac: I strongly condemn the brutal murder of one OCS Ragira a former student at the University of Nairobi. Ragira will be remembered as fearless Student leader who devoted his time to fight for the rights of comrades. He has left behind a young family. I ask the department of Criminal investigation to conduct investigations and bring the gunmen to justice. May his soul rest in peace.
- Okung Ndege Serikal: The death of Comrade Ocs Ragira must not be in vain…. Swift action must be taken…. Courage must rise with danger & strength to strength must oppose…. Comrades must act.
- Dmk Kiogora: RIP Ocs Ragira, May your Killers never find peace
- Apiyoh JF Apiyohh: Ocs Ragira lost his life because of courage, Gallantry and inability to keep calm when youths and comrades are suffering. I join other SONU legends in celebrating his life as we send our sincere condolences to relatives, family, friends and his lovely wife. Fare thee well General.
- Babu Owino: I strongly condemn the killing of one comrade Ocs Ragira Samuel who has left behind a young family.May his soul Rest In everlasting Peace .