10 Million reasons why I need advice

I could. But the area in which the land is located is only good for agriculture. That’s why I came here looking for ideas

I’ve been thinking about the tenders route but I need someone to show me the ropes, guide me on whose hands to grease etc.

Buy a plot worth 1.5-2.5 million. Jenga one bedrooms hadi pesa iishe…maybe a floor, two or three. Now you can party as hard as you want with the rent you collect. I will quote one Kevin O’leary “only use the interest, not the capital”…only blow the rent on women and other earthly pleasures, not the capital (10 mil).

4 Likes

Hapo sawa. That’s one idea I should probably interrogate further.

There’s nothing wrong with agriculture, if you have the passion for it. One of my dreams is rearing some goats somewhere. Let me ask, if it was up to you, what income generating activity would you rather do?

3 Likes

Business is risky, especially because you dont have the expertise or experience. There is a 99% chance that if you try business, you will not have the 10 million next year.

1 Like

I’m inclined towards wholesale trading i.e masukari,mikate,unga kind of biz. That’s one biashara that you can’t go wrong with. The margins aren’t attractive but the volumes take care of the profit

1 Like

Gov’t (esp. county) tenders will probably bankrupt you. For now, I wouldn’t venture that route.

2 Likes

What you have is cursed money… Never sell an inherited land… Its a curse and abomination from where I come from to sell land you inherited and never bought in the first place… @ The end all that money will go down the drain… And you have for ever lost the pride and chance to hand it over to your son/ sons… one day they will know abt it and they will for ever consider you the biggest idiot/ looser to have been born in their family tree…

8 Likes

So, why not go ahead and do it? Si unajua Isiolo-Marsabit road is now complete? You’ll be amazed how people are making their cash those sides using the simplest of consumables e.g detergents and cooking oil.

And how did you figure out that he comes from where you do? There’s no dignity in barely existing just so you can have the satisfaction of owning it.

5 Likes

You must be ‘nyumba’ ! That argument has imprisoned our people for generations. People dying of poverty unable to afford basic needs while sitting on 100 acres of inherited land. And I quote “my people perish for lack of knowledge” !

9 Likes

Staki kuiblow yote kwa madame (which is currently what i’m doing )

1 Like

In Kenya, less than 10% of all businesses survive past their first year. Business is extremely competitive, requires skills and maybe exposure to the industry for a prolonged time as an employee in order to hack it. I can guarantee you, in writing, that if you dare invest all the 10 million in business, you will just be another statistic. You are lucky to have a large amount of windfall income. You better build a floor or two of bedsitters somewhere and party as hard as you can with that rent knowing that your investment remains intact.

1 Like

Shamba ya inheritance hua haiuzwi, but because you have already done so, fanya vile umeambiwa na @karema-hitI. Also consider subdividing then reselling the land

1 Like

[ATTACH=full]77508[/ATTACH]

I tend to believe that gambling and Sport pesa is pesa ya shetani…cos surely how do you explain this ?.
One of my former student won Sportpesa jackpot last year.It amounted to 9.7 millions.For a young man in his early 20s who had completed KCSE a few years ago,I thought he was sorted for life.
Buy a plot and build a few rooms.Buy a matatu,open a couple of biashara,marry a smart girl who will help him grow to prosperity for generations to come.
Then I meet him yesterday looking as miserable as he was before he had won sportpesa.So I ask around,is that the young man who won close to 10m last year surely ?,what happened ?.
I am informed that after he won the jackpot,he was over excited.He gave a sister a million bob,gambled a bit with it before Nairobi conmen located him(he had been allover our media).The conmen took him to Kisumu to 'wash the money 'and he woke up without a coin in his pocket in some posh hotel…the only thing in his home right now that can remind him of his win is a pit latrine he had built from the money.

5 Likes

Hizi jackpot winnings mtu hafai kupewa all at once. But that’s just my opinion. Halafu, masomo pia ni muhimu and I don’t mean being in a classroom with a teacher.

3 Likes

You have to understand that how I obtained the windfall is not why I put up this post. My aim is to collect ideas on how best to maintain my current financial position. You ma’am are not being of much help in this regard.

Invest in T-Bills as you think of what to do with the money. Returns are low but guaranteed, you can do 182 days as you wait to make up your mind.

1 Like

In the real world 10 million is peanuts, but a peasant will assume its the start and end of big things… Reason you are calling it a windfall here… I am out of this discussion… All the best.

3 Likes