11 banks book space at Centum’s Sh. 25 billion Two Rivers mall

na mnasema watu wataacha kuhamia Nairobi?. If roads arent built in other places the town will shift to thika road. Consumerism will grow as globalism takes root and foreign corporations adept at brainwashing people invest in the country and non of the malls is likely to close, unless thewhole mall is running one business brand.

Yes it is, but based on our so called “queer habits” this is not a long shot up to the time the new mall excitement simmers down.

maybe but that is how you increase the price of space in the mall, now that number will be at the lips of everyone seeking to lease there

11 banks ni mingi sana.I have been to Dubai mall, which is the biggest mall in the world &,did not see even a single bank in there.

Shit man! All situated on the rooftop? Looks like we will need a heli … to pull this bank job. I wonder how long it will take RDU to give chase, it’s perfect … just like the Swedish heist.

I guess it has to do with their high rent, poor quality building, and questionable location of the building (road/railway reserve).

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/jun/19/-sp-death-of-the-american-shopping-mall

wacha nitatembelea hii garden city nione

Read up on the collapse of large scale malls in the states.

Edit : Nimeona Luther ameshapost link.

1 Like

Kuna pia ingine niliona mombasa rd after the road that branches to the airport. I don’t know how long it’s been open but a month ago, there was a less than 50% occupancy.

40k visitors that they’re targeting? Sounds like bullshit figures. Kwani wanaenda kuwithdraw over the counter? These ‘middle class’ hutumia mobile banking.

I don’t get the allure of malls though. Maybe I’m not the target audience.

I’ve read @Luther12’s post…balaa tupu. I find it funny and a little annoying how we try so hard to catch up with the west only for them to move on to something “cooler” when it seems like we’ve finally done so. When fast food chains are setting up shop in Kenya, americans decide organic is the way to go. When the mall culture starts taking root in Kenya, they’re like “you know what, malls don’t even make economic sense.” Are we destined to always ape? I wonder when Africa will start a trend that the whole world will be rushing to ape.

2 Likes

M-pesa (though it wasn’t invented by Africans)

1 Like

We have always had malls. We used to call them centers.

I beg to differ.
A mall in a growing economy is a gold mine.
The middle class has money to burn.
You are comparing the american credit economy with ours of cash and carry.
They will die if only they indulge in mass credit selling.
I am not sure but I hear wameanza kukopesha. If they do it in large scale and people default which is so unlikely.
They might encounter the sudden death.
My two somali cents

Sarit Centre? :slight_smile:

Senta! Kanjahi senta, kamaiko senja, kabiro senta etc.