14 pwani university students dead in road accident in naivasha.

Dereva wa private lack situational awareness…

Amenikasirisha sana.

May the victims RIP.Sad

I always tell people ukiona umeashiwa hazard ondoka kwa njia…am very regular on Nairobi- Nakuru route and many times a bus will force you off the road…toka tu. Alafu hio area so many 14 seater husimama na kubeba kando ya highway…I won’t be surprised kama hio bus ilipita na moja ya hizo

My thoughts exactly. Bus inakuja kukuja na lights on na jamaa bado anainsist Ako kwa lane yake… Luckily for him though ni kama hakuguzwa saana…

Sad

wadau kama driver wa bus amewasha mataa mnafaa muelewe shida ilikuwa kwa gari, yeye alijaribu kwenye angeweza.

magari dogo ndio husababisha accident,

Kuna time flat bed ya NYS loaded na bulldozer ilikata brake luckily turn.boy wawili walikuwa njee ya dirisha na vuvuzela na mwingine waving a t shirt.

Ilipatana na mlima huko delamere ikatulia.

@Meria Mata mbona breki ikifail honi/pararira pia inafail?

Pressure??

Sad, pole Kwa familia

Sucks … RIP to them.

RIP…the Nissan matatu had the most casualties

Shiiit

This video shows the bus was being driven too fast, and recklessly, brakes notwithstanding. Notice that it was already set to overtake the white car in front, too close to it and straddling the dividing line, before there was room for overtaking. You’ll see that the van in front of the one fitted with the camera swerved to avoid collision. The bus was overtaking at the wrong moment, instead of slowing down. The road looks somewhat level; if he knew brakes were not good he ignored the safety measures of avoiding high speed by shifting to a lower gear and keeping hazards on.

This is what happens in all accidents. Gari gonjwa litakupa warning, always, but mwafrika ni nani? Kasonge isonge, hadi maafa. From the dashcam video above, that is most def careless and very fast driving.

Hapo brakes zilikuwa zishakataa. But angejaribu kunyonga na gear

https://www.tiktok.com/@wendy_official10/video/7216673391900757253

To shift to a lower gear, the bus has to slow down to the upper speed threshold of the lower gear. So if brakes have failed, you have to rely on road friction, wind, etc to get to that threshold.

True. You can also throw it into neutral and use the handbrake, scraping the brakes lightly and gradually bring the bus under control. The problem is that you have no luxury of doing trial and error in high stress situations like those nightmare moments just before an accident. I had to do this once, going downhill in an old car. I survived crashing or ploughing into people, but that was was one hell of a Sunday morning, and I still tremble to remember it.