15mins of fame

Damn had forgotten Ghostface…GZA was the cousin always thot it was the same person though i remember some line in a song him reffering to GZA as his cousin figure 17 yrs later it now makes sense to me!..

Remember when all those songs on female empowerment were coming out around 1998 -2000…when TLC dropped “No Scrubs” it was such an anthem for chics at JKs and Crooked Qs. Then these guys helped us kabisa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP33_uFlzTM

4 Likes

Well put…2 chainz waz also in a group…cant rem the name bt they sang daffle bag boy…Loon engulfed himself in serious muslim stuff…sijui ni imam sheikh…(no disrespect whatsoever to my muslim bros)[ATTACH=full]8478[/ATTACH] …mbisha hiyo hapo!

wow. i thought the guy went back to being a dj like he was kitambo…he had a very laid back style of rapping.

Nope, he laid all that down and embraced religion and unlike mase hes never looked back! I remember i need a girl remix his rap was off the chain in that song…with yellow Tims and yellow jacket he inspired my mode of dressing to date!

The Game was already established by the time akijoin G-Unit. He joined them to ride the G-Unit wave in terms of distribution. But him & 50 couldn’t get along.

playaz circle

1 Like

i believe musically J.cole will be bigger than Jay-z

methinks group thingy cant work well. just form a clique MMG(rozay, wale, meek mill, stalley etc) style ama like the TDE guys(kendrick, school boy q, jayrock etc) in that each artiste is independent in his own way n the only cockblocker to an album release will be the parent label

Oooh yeah.playaz circle…j.cole bigger than jay z…al wait to see that bt i really doubt! Bt then again it will depend on the criterias used in this measuring contest cz unless its by the number of trax , albums sold ama a matter of opinion! Time will tell!

Goddamn! I’d completely forgot about Loon. He had that cute dark-skinted-nicca thing going for him before he went all ISIS on us.

7/10 WOULD BANG!

1 Like

Game and 50 should have been one of the most successful duos in rap history, if it wasn’t for the fact that Game is a temperamental, bipolar nigga who can’t get along with anyone

I think Wutang is one of the few where there was more than one exemplary rapper.

The Jacksons as well had Michael n Janet who stood out.

Watu kama ASAP MOB wanashikiliwa na mtu mmoja tu(ASAP Rocky). Same with TDE(Kendrick).

In New Edition, Bobby Brown broke out on his own but wale watu walibaki wakiform Billy Biv Devoe who also stood out.

But as rightly said up there, Young Money has 3 above par rappers.

Also, Rick Ross is the worst rapper in MMG.

1 Like

And the fact that he can’t rap a single verse without namedropping or biting other rappers styles.

I don’t mind the name-dropping. That’s just his style. What’s annoying is his manufactured beef with everyone, trying to stay relevant, though he has matured nowadays

I see we’re many hiphop followers and fans. In terms of creative rhymes and phrases that are not easily forgotten, I think new school hiphop does bad while about year 2000 and earlier hiphop was awesome. Rappers and mcs had punchlines and good content in their music. However, rappers like J. Cole, Kendrick, Joey Badass have good music, socially conscious and all that. If all some rapper does is glorify booty, drinks and repeat lines through out the song while screaming Ah! he/she doesn’t move me. Listening to creative Nas, J.Cole, some Wu Tang, Mos Def, AZ, Kendrick makes me appreciate hiphop.

1 Like

I also like Da Brat, Missy Elliot, Lady Pen, Lauryn Hill, MC light. Awesome females. Most rap of yester years was good and nostalgic while most current hiphop is easily forgotten like perishable vegetables-you listen and forget fast. Or does this happens to all music?

We need to get something clear here…

The Game was a nobody before getting with 50 and his career ain’t been shit ever since he split with 50.

Even though he won’t admit, he does regret splitting with 50 early as '05 when G-Unit were at their peak and 50 was running hip hop and everybody there was getting paid big. Even Tony Yayo dropped an album in '05… LOOOOOOL!

A little known fact in hip hop is that the two biggest hits of Game’s career (‘How We Do’ & ‘Hate it or Love it’) were actually recorded by 50 Cent for his '05 album The Massacre but 50 actually gifted Game those two tracks, a move which 50 actually regrets to date and which he alluded to in his '09 album 'Before I Self Destruct; “…/ I gave Game hits/ He told me to suck dick/…”

Game has been trying to stay relevant by claiming the West Coast throne. It’s one of the reasons why he has kept kissing Dr. Dre’s ass but the old man wasn’t having none of it. That mantle has long been passed to King Kendrick.

One of the reasons why Dre has long delayed Detox is coz he felt he didn’t have the artist with the right umph around him to realize the record’s full potential, kinda like how Snoop was the lifeblood of The Chronic in '92 and Eminem was the catalyst in 1999’s ‘2001.’ But Em and Snoop are way past their prime so Dre needed someone new. For the longest time, Game tried and tried to be the chosen one for Detox but we can see the old man’s good wisdom coz Game ain’t shit. It is widely hoped that King Kendrick is the new prodigy that will finally deliver Detox.

2 Likes

How’s 50’s 2009 album? Never listened to it, maybe few tracks off it.

It was meh… Neither good nor bad. Just there… I’m sure you didn’t even know that he dropped an album last year!