1982 Coup Attempt

court martials are rarely fair on the accused

Mutiso @vuja de @4makind I was told Sodi, Spange na Mathu lost their jobs in the Air force coz of this coup.

Sodi, yes. Spange, sijui.

Mathu? :eek: he seemed young. I didn’t expect him to be in the army during that period. Anyway, he was my mortal enemy. I celebrated vile alipigwa transfer to Musingu High School.

Cc @FieldMarshal CouchP , @fourier

I don’t know why I am thinking of Southern Sudan? Any connections to this story?

Sodi, yes. He was ground control I think.

Hata civilians wale hawakuwa na National ID, si most we deemed pro rebels and were either rounded up and shot, or detained.

Spange senior.sio ule wa basketball. Was sodi innocent? Watu hudai aliangukiwa na shoka bila hatia

I didn’t find Spange senior. He was already gone. Nilipata Spange jr, na vile alipigwa transfer Tala High school, he continued his sadistic punishments. The students went on strike and burnt his jalopy within a few months

I hear that Moi was put in a military tank all the way to Nairobi

Thats what i meant by being generously rewarded inter alia things

Is he (Mahmoud) still alive? What about the other key figures in the coup?

Good one ES.

Yes he is. Dual married his daughter. A great force in Garissa

Tusisahau who organized all this:JARAMOGI OGINGA ODINGA and his son RAILA AMOLO ODINGA. Raila used to meet the coup plotters at his sister’s house and gave them communication gadgets and a Peugeot. Raila was later arrested crossing a river to Uganda dressed in a hijab. Sitoi link

Aih! Poss… Tank kutoka Kabartonjo to Nai si itachukua wiki mbili. And do you know how that thing is so uncomfortable for a soldier when its on the move for several hours, leave alone a 50+ year old limo riding man

Hizi ndio muhahi Moi alikuwa anapewa na Kanyotu anashika nare, anaambia Special branch “fanyeni gasi yenu sawa sawa…”

He was I think ferried in Gen (not gen. by then) Sumbeiywo ''s private car

He was charged with cleaning up and establishing what was called '82 Air Force. They had after the purge only one pilot who wanted to leave the force but Moi called him personally pleading with him to remain and train other pilots. The pilot was Michael Gichangi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWB_KMIS128

Hehe. The first announcer…:D:D. Am sure it wasnt funny at the time, but i’ve LOLd. :D:D:D:D

Comical putschists.:D:D:D

Good that they failed.