32 and 64 BIT Processor – What they are and difference between them

:D:D:D:D
i love the way Microsoft spin doctors twist everything so that it looks like its someone else’s fault

DEP is not hardware level (thats why its accessible on the WINAPI via PAGE_EXECUTE ), its largely on the kernel level, it was actually their attempt at preventing sensitive buffer overwrite by marking specific pages as none writable so that they can do more sensitive stuff on them without having some rogue code, or a newbie C/ASM programmer ( like me :smiley: ) writing to the wrong address and collapsing everything :D:D

2 Likes

In our world,we consider windows to be a bag of piss…FYI windows dumbed down the computing world and still is

but won’t piss on your brigade… it’th a free world

1 Like

Hehehe, here it is. I’m not sure if the page is still operational…

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366796(v=vs.85).aspx

I remember thinking to myself, too much jargon which I may not know but I’ll just go ahead and do it

1 Like

The general register sizes also tend to differ. With 64 bit general registers being, well, 64 bits and 32 bit registers having a 32 bit capacity.

WORD vs DWORD vs QWORD

1 Like

Niiiiice …Ongezea Prince of Persia to that…

1 Like

…That diskpart command is still ‘valid’ per se… very important to me at times.

1 Like

shiiieet windows still exists…I got elementary OS and Kali Linux live on a flash disk…apan tambua windoth

Fak! Enyewe sijasoma, I should go back to school. I thought this group was full of degenerates. I thought wrong.

I thought I was anonymous, uuwi.

maybe we all are, may be not

the one thing i know for sure is, there are way too many social misfits in here :D:D

Prince of Persia (MS DOS) on a Floppy ( A and B). is what made me have interest in computers. I used Windows 3.1, 95, 98, Millennium, XP (Still have the installation disks except Windows 3.1). Currently on 10. Linux, first used it in 2000 (Red Hat Linux Version 7)My field is not in IT, was more of a curiosity thing. Just wish i’d stayed the course, i’d be speaking some of the jargon @jimmy_m and the likes do. I still mess around with Knoppix Live CD for formatting stubborn Windows partition for clean install.
Glorious days, when having a flash disk was a birrionaires thing. Stuff evolve so fast, yet to set my eyes on and use an SSD, still stuck on SATA and IDE.

they say if the life cycles of cars was the same as the one for computing technology, cars would be going for 1000 dollars max, only bad thing is they would be exploding atleast several times a month killing everyone inside :D:D

on the SSD, its amazing the IOs you can get from it, i have a small toy am playing around with, i can page on the SSD and it doesn’t even affect performance,

[ATTACH=full]85066[/ATTACH]

throw in half of the SSD as a page pool and its a beast

loving it

1 Like

usijali, just ignore em…msee huanza somewhere. Nobody was born knowing everything. Good piece btw, I have been keeping a tab open ndio niisome.