4 Most Counterfeited Goods in Kenya – Govt

They are more popular and fast moving hence makes more sense to fake them. Why fake glenfiddich 21 which will take u one year to sell?

Uko sure?, this type of banana is called nyoro, dark yellow and there are small black spots, may be you talk of their stalks being green, and the rest of it being clear yellow.

na tule tudogo tudogo twa mapeasants eg cane, konyagi(name sounds weird):D, etc?

I know Nyoro very well, i[ATTACH=full]224602[/ATTACH]n banana land as I speak. Yes the issue is ripe bananas having green stalks. And even with other varieties, it’s likely not to have black spots, but unlikely to have them ripe with green stalks.

Hizo hazina profit margins

true. the peasant brands hazina profit margins ya maana kwa big league bars and restaurants

major brands of toothpastes also counterfeited sana…kwanza Colgate

Even beer can be faked.

and register the warranty online. Ikikataa jua umecheswo

Don’t forget kiwi…nowadays I only get mine from someone who works at sara Lee…hii mambo ya kiwi kukauka ilikua imenishinda

Yes, genuine Samsung products huwa kuna number unatuma text ya IMEI to verify its authenticity.

In the unfortunate event that I have to drink bottled water, I crash the bottle sawasawa. Then atleast some effort goes into recycling it, sio kuosha na kuweka maji ya tap tu !

Samsung want you to buy through their local distribution channel, which is overpriced. You can buy genuine products directly imported from Dubai in luthuli or even import them yourself and make very significant savings. If you are keen you can tell the difference.

This is the most ignorant comment in the whole of this thread.

It is all fun, games and savings until ichape after 6 months of service na huna warranty. Remember these are Dubai-based electronics goods that are not meant to be used with our eratic power supply. Thats exactly what happened to my neighbour after purchasing a 55 inch curved TV at 90k in luthuli. Angeenda samsung shop kama mimi he could have bought the same TV at 110k but kitu original optimized for east african market.

Mzazi, cheap is expensive. Tafuta Huggies ama Pampers in a reputable shop

Jesus c

Jesus Christ. You got no chills saying optimized for east African market. You are missing big and that is why the mhindi distributor will remain rich.
Visit any warranty shop ya Samsung or any other big name. Enda hata safaricom shops na utaskia unhonored warranty issues stretching from here to wherever.

Mimi kama kitu yenye nabuy imepita 50k pale luthuli naenda straight kwa official distributor, the same applies to Jumia, Kaymu and the rest. I may spend extra, but najua 99.9% i will end up with a genuine product which will serve me for eons. Kumbuka hii ni Kenya, people will fleece u without thinking twice, juzi Uhuru mwenyewe amepeana fake title deeds, and afterall, whats the point of trying to save 20k and lose 90k in the process?

This story may not be true, anything that priduces heat will damage the banana not ripen it. Also the lack of black spots is due to lack of infection by natural micro organism. So here is my opinion, they first dip the unripe banana in disnfectant (jik) solution. That kills all the micro organism on the surface and the absorbed jik will prevent any futher infection. Then they expose the banana to synthetic ethylene which is the chemical responsible for ripening. The exposure will change the colour of the banana skin to yellow but inside it is still unripe. This bananas usually cause headache when you consume many because of the chemicals it absorbed during the ripening process.

Ati customized for EA :stuck_out_tongue: hio ni marketing, nunua power guard my friend. They usually fail after one year when your warrant is over. Unapeleka sony center and they charge you for unrefundable consultation fee and then give you a charge sheet worth a new tv to chase you away. Ukitoka na tv yako, those guys tell you they know of someone in luthuli who can fix it for you- corruption