5 Takeaways from J. Cole’s New Album, KOD

lol lamar is shit stacked on shit

@Deorro Come kiasi…

[ATTACH=full]168471[/ATTACH]

[SIZE=7]My thoughts, exactly!! This is what I’ve been trying to explain all along…[/SIZE]

Then you did not understand what the album “4 your eyes only was about” The theme in it did not require fiery beats

You can have the best material in the world, but how you package it matters a lot!! Like the reviewer put it, they were “docile” beats!!

it’s like trying to compare Watch the throne and 4:44
Which beat stood out for you in 4:44 that you can even hum on the spot or listen to in your head? none at all but you know the songs and the message in the album
Now let’s go to Watch the throne, almost all had fiery beats, catchy hooks from “No church in the wild”, “niggas in paris”, “who gon stop me”, “otis”, “gotta have it” etc
They all have different subject matter the non-fiery beats sets the mood for the album theme. same way to cole worl or born sinner or even Forest hill drive as compared to 4 your eyes only

4:44 had mellow, old-folk production compared to previous works from Hov but it complemented the subject matter very well. Wrong comparison/ analogy.

Hii album iko fiti, Ilove that ATM song kwanza. Nuff said

LOL…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIl4sseyE

Y’all tryna bug me or something… Cole has shown that he CAN GET HUNGRY… and its been a while since the rappers felt the hunger… Kendrick effect in full force… Right now just tryna decide between these two did the game justice
[ATTACH=full]169451[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]169453[/ATTACH]
And won’t lie got this from Spotify…some fuego fuck music but it did put the ambience in point this weekend
[ATTACH=full]169452[/ATTACH]
Perdido…is some sorry bumaye despasito shit but man it was what made me check the up like wtf! This is nice…
Plus also check the playlist mike shinoda put out
[MEDIA=spotify]user/m_shinoda/playlist/28O7W9MDolPIefvuhjN2oc[/MEDIA]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk-U8ruIQyA

For honor has been free to play all weekend on Xbox and this track up was cash
[ATTACH=full]169456[/ATTACH]