5G will lessen medical trips to overseas due to telemedicine

Yes. You have missed a whole continent. 5G is perfect for remote medical operations because of low latency compared to existing networks/connections. Robots carrying out medical operation need to receive instructions in real time, or better. Slow instructions on what to do next in an operation (due to high latency) and complications may arise. Patient may even die.

who said they did that?, the Chinese picked it up from the american communication companies and bettered it ,
just like the email
was invented by the US military for secret communication but later on in the late 80s was passed down for civilian use and now you use it here in Kenya every day

At the end of the day the robots are operated by humans, today’s 4G offers latency of 0.1 seconds on average globally for a ping (round trip), which I guess is enough for operations, I mean how far can you move the knife in 0.1 seconds, but I guess even lesser latency is desirable, just in case.

[ATTACH=full]247499[/ATTACH]

I think the reason 5G will help is because of the need to transfer a very high-quality video with very little latency, so you may be right… we need 5g for that

shiny object syndrome but then again applications for new tech keep coming over it’s life…

far-fetched: Stadia/game streaming, 8K video streaming without, surgery? finally?, self-driving cars…
et cetera