A brand new Expressway it will be

as you can see from my earlier comments above, i believe there are numerous other projects that should have been given priority. i was just commenting on the northern aquifers

Ngilu is playing her wathi wa mƻkamba on the other side now!

You should understand projects are carried out simultaneously. The dams are being built, roads are being built, the express road will be built. I simply donā€™t understand why people are opposed to this.
The SGR cannot transport all the cargo. The road to mombasa experiences a lot of traffic and with the expansion of the port to handle more containers plus deepening of the harbour to facikitate larger ships you can already see that using the SGR alone is not feasible.
I think we just like complaining too much.

Hii haitakuwa na speed cameras zile za NTSA?:confused:

Good question!

lazima zitakuwa. Limit ni 120 but we would want to break the speedometer.

So many things are cropping up on this project such that CS Macharia will need to clarify for example the land acquisition funding. As for the project, the feasibility study concluded we need it badly and we are almost two decade late in building it. First of all, the SGR, the expressway and the current single carriageway will all compliment each other. By the time the express road is complete SGR will be in its 8 year of full operations. It will take 7 years to construct the expressway if there are no delays. Why the express road? KPA handles 15% more cargo every year for the last 20 years. By the time the express road is complete, the cargo traffic through the port will have doubled from what we have now. That will be more than enough cargo for the SGR, express road and current road. Remember the Northern corridor is basically the economic lifeline of the whole region. When it grinds to a halt for long period which is common this days, the losses are huge. We need the three alternatives to run parallel to each other. In fact they should also build to Malaba to save on time.

Thank you there a lot of dams coming up in almost all counties. Instead of building one huge dam, government started with expansion and rehabilitation of current small and medium sized dams to serve more people. CS Wamalwa has in the recent year signed up huge dam project in Ukambani, Bungoma, Marsabit, Tharaka Nithi, Garissa, Kwale-Mombasa etc. I will be updating their progress in the next few months up to completion.

Spear niitie kazi ya serikali. How can I, a very hard working, honest young man not serve this country in public service sa zile watu wengine wanasquander resources za nchi?

You can still serve the nation well without being in government. I for one Iā€™m not but I have to agree that business is contacts and info which is what I work hard to get and maintain.

They had to make it compulsory trucks and buses use it, mmmh to make money. Now how do you maintain a speed of 120km/hr with all this big vehicles on the same road.

Cost of energy is also another major factor that needs to be addressed.

Its possible if the trucks maintain lane discipline, if they stay on the left lane, you just cruise by.

Last week KPA confirmed 35 billion $350 million from Jica is ready for 2nd phase construction of the second container terminal. SGR has began extending the train trucks from Port Reitz cargo terminal to berth 1 to 10 at Kilindini harbour. All these projects is in line to handle cargo faster, efficiently and cheaper. The demand is growing and we need to constantly improve before overcapacity hits.

Yes, a lot of geothermal power projects are being fast trucked at Naivasha and Menengai, the high voltage transmission lines are almost complete. However they cost 5 cents which is good but not as cheap as hydro dams at 3 cents. Solar and wind is expensive at 9-10 cents. However as we await our projects completion we have signed up to buy 2000MW of cheap power from Ethiopia at the cheap rate of 3 cents. It will help keep up with our industry needs. In return Ethiopia will use Lappset as their second corridor for import and export through Lamu port. It will serve south Ethiopia. Feasibility study for a oil pipeline and SGR link to Addis is in the pipeline.

It will have multiple lanes. I routinely drive to see my people some 280 miles away in 3.5 hours with a 10 minute stop for gasoline. Usually on the interstate highways, trucks will use the right lane (slow lane) whereas motorists drive on the left lane unless you want to go slow in which case you keep right.

Kenyan motorists are a breed of a kind behaving like they just got out of a jungle changing lanes in the most inappropriate places, keeping on the wrong lane and overtaking on the wrong side are some of the most common traffic offenses that should carry steep penalties.

This is the 80Kms express tolled road in Ethiopia built by Chinese contractors.
[ATTACH=full]127589[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]127590[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]127591[/ATTACH]
Its has CCTV cameras and lit up at night. They will provide 24/7 private security patrol, ambulances and fire engines.
[ATTACH=full]127592[/ATTACH]
The same will be built here and it remains six lanes as per KeNHA contract brief. Also ours is 360Kms, they will also build the greater Nairobi southern bypass road and build 4 special economic zones on its route as a industrial manufacturing hub. This project was former President Obama respond to China dominance in the region and I support any investment in our nation.

That much is true. ANY investment is better than none.

What abour pumping lake victoria water. Atleast that is fresh water lake.

true. but it would have to be accompanied by some rules on activities surrounding the lake which i dont think the community will be receptive to for now