A Case Study: Does Your Degree Choice Matter for Promotions

True, though some of them do it for ulterior motives.
Equity and National Bank used to take education students who have majored in Maths or did a major in Business and minored in Mathematics as their accountants for one reason.
They cannot join banking unions(or that was the case a few years ago).

is that enough??
[ATTACH=full]222596[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]222596[/ATTACH]

Moi does not offer a diploma in Chemical Engineering.It is a degree.

JKUAT’s Industrial Chemistry is however weaker than UoN or KU’s .Ironically.

Please do not confuse Industrial Chemistry for Chemical Engineering.
They are not the same.
Moi is the only institute that offers a Chemical Engineering degree that is recognized.Sidhani ya TUK ni recognized.
UoN and JKUAT do not offer Chemical Engineering.
They offer Industrial Chemistry which is different.

What do you mean weaker?

A graduate from UoN and KU are seen as better.
UoN because they have the longest experience with the course. They also have ties to existing industries
KU because it is done with a little bit of Computing and a lot of Business Management.

wewe unaongea tu kujaza server

I hope now everybody understands my shock to find out the head of Customer (ata sijui hii kazi yake ni nini) does not have a Business Degree (She replaced some Master degree, Professional course holders.

@Mundu Mulosi @Purple @old monk @admin we need a Jobs category for people to put up Vacancies

I am talking from personal experience.
You clearly have never worked at management level anywhere.

Ni kaa vile nilikuwa nasema.Ukienda Equity na National Bank.The accountants ni ma B.Ed kaa wote.

I was in moi, they offer. Very competitive with cutoff points similar to medicine. Shida most of them end up not practising. In our year, 6 of them were directly recruited by pwc, I guess to work auditing oil companies. The rest entered banks and akina bamburi. But have a friend who started a very innovative company that is doing very well

statistically speaking, thats an n of 1. that’s a small sample size.

The advantage of engineering, you can be taken on by most companies when it comes to Management Trainee programs. However, for chemical engineers, I often advice working abroad (which btw, is not that hard to get. If you do German up to B2,I know many many German companies that can take on even a fresh graduate) then using the experience to gain work here. There are many factories in Kenya that can take on chemical engineers, but ukianza nao jamani!!Utalipwa vibaya and moving up is hard. But if you have international experience, you can join the middle level employees immediately.
You can start a company but that comes with its own pitfalls. Being Kenya and all. The ones who joined PwC, si walikipatapata the first three months:D:D:D:D:D.

Ni kama wewe ni gay

@priss inbox adverts zenyu. Hiyo ofisi yenyu sigwes mind

I find that education is very important, but for some positions not so critical. As for example customer service, it is much more important to have good communication and service skills rather than University degree. With some other professions, knowledge and experience would be on a first place

nko na hiyo b com accounting and I need a job. How can I apply? Thanks