A LOOK AT Mumias Sugar Company Issues

That would have made a lot of sense if Msc produces its own raw material, when you screw up your suppliers of raw materials in pursuit of profits, that can hardly be called competence. At the end of the day you will get poor quality or no raw materials. I have worked in the hotel industry before and I know for sure some companies that provide quality pork and beef products operate like a monopoly. If you were to screw up companies like Farmers Choice or Quality Meat Packers coz they are expensive and look for cheaper alternatives, you will not be able to guarantee quality meals for your clients and in the long ran you will not be able to retain them.

3 Likes

I am tired of Brazil sugar in stores packed in Supermarkets’ names. I demand my favourite sugar back.

But as Obama said, pimping money into a looted company in the name of ‘reviving’ it is bullsh*t. First bring the crooks into trial and recover the looted cash.

2 Likes

And he can slap too

The government apparently holds only 20% of mumias shares with the rest listed in the NSE, hao directors are in on it, this kind of shit is predictable and they fucking DF’d shareholders.

On the issue of ownership, when Msc was being privatized farmers came up with a scheme they called 10%, basically every farmer could contribute 10% of his gross harvest to go into an account set up specifically for purchase of Msc shares. The idea was to purchase the shares as a block under Moco, that way farmers would have a say since they would automatically be represented on the Board of Directors. When time came for purchase of shares, Kidero and his cronies using the courts demanded that farmers buy the shares as individuals there by greatly killing their collective power. The end result is that most farmers lost the shares thro con men since most of them did not understand.

4 Likes

Good read!!! Thanks!

:D:D:D That one just had to be a lunje!

Nice, insightful read though. Jimnah Mbaru for 2017!

reminds me of this tweet from Jacob Juma

NA Speaker Justin Muturi has a criminal case still pending which let to his sacking as a magistrate. He conned me sh5 million in 2013.

nothing national is allowed to thrive, greed everywhere, at this rate everything will be run down and private businesses setup. too bad politics blinds us