A Tale About a Boy,a Lukwart Tree and The Kenyan "Class" System

Nice flow Kambuyu,

ndio hizo

Hizi vitu zilifanya ninyoroshwe viboko pale Huruma kwa chief karibu na Redeemed gospel church

4 Likes

Kanono ulikuwa unafanya nini mtaa yangu??

At one time I went visiting an uncle who was living around jonsaga, macuzo wakatoa mpango ya kuenda raundi and we ended up kuenda kuhave hizo dhàmba.

saitani…

They are also called haro.
@kabuda you make it look so vivid especially that part of wanting the mzungu to come quickly coz its getting late.
You have a way with words, man.

hizi ni mbera hehe! nwy our tormentor was an old land lady.we used to go in a group of ten 8 boys 2 girls(tomb boys).one of the girls used to climb them with so much ease we used to call her monk.best part is we have never been caught by any of the land lady’s guards.we normally keep in touch with the group…but am still awed by their transformation esp monk’s a classy bootylicious married mama with 1 kid ata huwes sema alipitia iyo lyf let alone climb trees

Zii, hizi sio mbera (guavas). They’re called macuca in French.

Good story @Ka-Buda. Very vivid imagery.

what!! mwenye alituambia ni mbera basi alitudanganya

Damn that’s far! though I also used to come all the way to “Drago” kucheza ball.

you are both right. i know that where i grew up west of the aberdares loquats are known as mbera, a term that is used for guavas east of the ridges…therefore no need to break bones over the issue…

bck in the days: me n my cousins progressively ate nearly half an acre of arrow roots n even went as far as presenting nusu gunia of the same product as a gift at some wedding ndo tupewe mchele: the shamba blngd 2 the local pastor…
the said pastor ws prsdng over the wedding n cn still remember the flabbergasted look on the his face wakati aliona hizo arrowroots since he was the only one grwng them in that area…
jioni kufika nyumbani frm the wedding full of rice n beans nikaambiwa na mathe kuna mgeni; guess who…
the rest was history

Are lukwart ‘mbera’ ama ni njaribu a.k.a húgú… The ones with one big seed like that of an avocado, though smaller.

Mbera is guava, loquats are mbutha

Tongue and fingers would be all purple for a day.:smiley:

And shit too :frowning:

2 Likes

@Ka-Buda i was in st marys karen pri school…i never heard that song that was roasting ngong forest pri, maybe you confused st marys with karen c primary?

2 Likes

kwani ulikuwa unakunya kwa sahani?

shocks, post: 172713, member: 947"]kuna zingine hukaa kama luquats lakini ni purple in colour, hizo ndizo tulikuwa tunaenda kuchuna after school
[/QUOTE]
…zinaitwa zamba!