Advice on bargaining for pay package.

Thanks guys. All your inputs have given me sort of the third eye that I really needed. I guess i’ll try asking that the review promise be put on the contract, and put down the work. Maybe i’ll even consider a side hustle to supplement the earnings.

PS. I am a security proffesional with an on-going diploma in business management with about four years experience in the field. I also have a keen interest on the sales and customer care and I believe I am cut out to be a really good sales person, so if any of you guys have hear anything on both sides, I’d be really glad if you could help a guy out.

Again thanks y’all. Peace out.

Weee kiburi yako haiwezi kusaidia. Chukua hiyo 3k extra na uchape kazi 100%. Zile degrees tuko nazo huku na zile kazi tulikuwa tumeajiriwa tulilearn hizi vitu kwa upole. Your pay is mostly determined by who you know, not what you know. Kuwa mpole, chapa wīra, na ukae ukitafuta ingine. Grow a network, and prove to be indispensable. It is easier getting another job when you already have one than when you are desperate and jobless.

Si kiburi though, just a concern. Working is basically like selling a product cos we paid alot of money for the knowledge. For me it makes sense that people appreciate knowledge and pay resonable amounts for work done. At the end of the day we ain’t gone be young forever and little renumeration means you can’t save and if you can’t do that, you are basically fucked in your old age.

Huyu mujamaa ashaku confuse na @Kimakia ama @Mimi Huwa Namwagiwa Ndanii

Haha. Well just so we are clear, I’m not gay and am not planning to be one. No offence to our LGBT brothers and sisters.

I understand your pain, where the issue of “the company is struggling financially” applies only to your case. I can also tell that people who are lower than you could be earning more despite your higher input. Most likely the HR has determined that you can take a lower package maybe due to your age, family status, or experience. This is what you do if you ever take the job. Do not enter into any additional financial commitments that could burden your income. Save as much as you can so that you have something to work with should you become too frustrated with the job and decide to leave. Most people would advice you to persevere, which is actually the best option. However, too much psychological wear on a job could alter the way you perceive the job for the rest of your life.

I like how open minded you are. I think I’ll apply the financial bit. Also I didn’t realise being married could affect pay package! I guess I should find a wife soon! Lol!

Anyways thank you very much for your input.

What I could advise you is to take up the job offer first then have the review promise written on paper. Otherwise utaendelea kuambiwa utapewa review hadi uzeeke.

2nd thing, be on the look out for better job offers with the experience you have job kupata si ngumu kwako. alafu pia usijifinye juu ya job kama unaona haiwezi kukutosheleza achana nayo but this means that you have something on the side bringing money in or you have a plan on how to survive.

I once worked in some company along Mombasa road. Fuckers were paying us 20k a month with punitive work conditions and targets to work with. Got my two months salary and disappeared never to be seen. But nilikaa home hadi nikapata hii ya kukuwa dere kwa kampuni.

Its all about perception.

Take the contract. Don’t think about what others are earning, or what the company is making. ongea pesa ikiwa kwa mfuko. grow your savings from 50k to 500k

Fuack who told you kuna gays and Lesbians around.Can you go work or wank out of here.Shandau

Ni ulize,what is the career path of Allion driver.So next watakupa gari gani kabla ukubaliwe kkuguza V8 ya kampuni.

Kijana, always view your jobs as pieces in a longterm goal/plan… wachana kubishana juu ya mapeni and its only your second job.

Critical for you at this stage of your career, is the skillsets, experience and network it will add to your long term objectives.

check too that the organisational culture is healthy and open or accesible…and you can identify and pick mentors that fit in your long term professional agenda… working hours are reasonable and no crazy demands on personal time or exploitative unpaid hours taken by coercion.

once you tick this boxes trust me roll up your sleeves and work. The money will flow you will be shocked.

kadinywe matako msee…achana na mimi

Kiss my ***