ADVICE

Hii Brand new second hand ni gani tena ?

@kijana mrefu umbwa wewe chagua jina nyingine.

Mileage ni ngapi? Ulininua locally?

Boss, sina ubaya. I will in afew

83000, yes got it locally .

Asande

Hatukupeleka mtoto wenu University ili akuwe mekanika.
Ebu vaa suti uende job

Vacuum Cleaner, utanilipisha overhaul ya 4d56 pesa ngapi?

Aaaah, come on! Guys just bandy local rumours all the time. Were we not told the same about Subaru boxer engines? Mitsubishi GDI engines? Don’t you still see some KAA Mitsubishi gallants going strong and not that they are owned by people to talk about?

Engines is luck, there are guys who have lost a Porsche, BMW or Mercedes engine within 3 years from new. There are new cars that are lemons and have been bought back by dealers within the first year of service because they were impossible to repair. If you want BMW examples I can lead you to a few painful tales and not of any one make.

There is nothing like this or that engine is problematic. It takes manufacturers years to build engines, they rarely have MAJOR issues en-masse as we tend to rumour all over. This engine probably has some electrical problem, maybe faulty injector (s), failing oxygen sensor, failing DME or whatever Toyota calls their engine control unit e.t.c. We do not have competent mechanics, so our excuse is to deride engines. I disagree!!! SangYongs can still be found in Nairobi, don’t tell me about BAD engines, say we don’t have competence.

Nakuenjoy buda haina was.

Diagnostics zinasema nini?

This is the tensioner in the chain assy that drives the cams. It’s just worn out, Can be replaced but requires you to open up the engine. If it has never over heated, the block may be fine and may not need re-boring/machining. Open it up, get it cleaned out, but it will run shaky for a while. That engine has a fe other qualms but it is worth the fix. What mileage is showing on the ECU?

If I may ask, why only Japanese options? Would you consider Euro cars? BMW X3, Mercedes ML350, VW Tiguan?

That is where your problem lies…go onto the KEBS website and double check the actual mileage of that vehicle during inspection ikiwa pale Japan. and do not be surprised if the actual mileage on it was in reality 283,000kms. Please check and let us know!

This however is not a solution but a lesson for you in future if you do decide to purchase another vehicle

May be it is that Kenyan mind that Japanese are cheaper/easier in maintenance. How do these compete with what I had given in terms of being hardy, fuel consumption and gari haitasumbua for a momo?

If you compare on value for money, the Euro cars are much better. True, service may be a bit pricey, but the trick is to order all your parts in bulk online from ebay UK. So that way you already have saved on service parts for the next 2 years. On durability, I’d hold my word that @ochithunder will be running around in his BMW long after @jumabekavu retires his Mazda Carol.

Already checked and it’s the actual mileage

Wacha I’ll see what comes up when the mech opens it up

…i would also say it has something to do with the timing chain

Expert nimeland. Nothing beats Mazda Carol. So nunua Mazda Carol na usahau hizi shida ndogo ndogo.

Ahsante sana