Africanization of names...kenyan politicians Vs kamba ladies

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I dont think so

It helps alot, I have seen the so called learned people forming an opinion of who you are, based on your name. You don’t have to think it is the reality on the ground.

I have 2 names nikikuambia utashangaa natoka side gani Kenya.

I love the look on people trying to figure it out so they can judge you based on RWNBP and UOTP inclinations.

Kenyans are stupid and so tribal.

That’s the way to go, I know a guy with the same quality, if someone had the audacity to ask him his tribe, he usually retorts ‘Does it matter’ most become ashamed but there are dye in wool tribalist who will still insist on knowing his other names.

The third one my surname ndio unajua mpaka village yetu haha. I rarely use it. Some people go to an extent of asking me the third one ndio sasa waconfirm. I just tell them up front ukijua kabila yangu itakusaidia na nini? Most get pissed off.

They need to know ile seriously coz that’s how Kenyans are programmed,we have to know your tribe ndio nijue vile nitakubeba. Nkt

Maybe its me:D:D:D

Could be. :D:D

One of my name is confused for Taita or Pokomo, my Swahili is so urbanised, I don’t bother correcting people who ask me about the coast.
In the laws of natural progression, we should be shedding the prejudices we carry around. But sadly we are fostering it.

hiyo rusungu Ma Ya Ghai iko yuu

Hehehehe, sare hizo Buda.

Me too do not like my English name nowadays and I’m planning to drop it and be using my last 2 African names. Funny enough, I once met a lady from Bosnia, she asked me my name & I told her all 3 names. She asked why I had 3 coz kwao kila mtu ana jina mbili tu, had to explain to her that the first one is an English/Christian name coz we were colonized by the Brits and the last two are African names. She then told me that only the last 2 were my real names and the English one wasn’t mine and whenever someone would call me by my English name she would tell them to call me my middle name.

You actually answered that guy well there are so many African names that hide your tribe its not a a must to use English names, jina kama Mandela ,Biko, Sarowiwa watu hubaki wakishangaa :smiley:

Luhyas too…I have seen multiple of them having the first and second names as English names and the last as the luhya name.
I have also seen luos and luhyas pick surnames from Mt Kenya…Maina, Mwangi, Kamau…na sio as a result of intermarriage

Maina is a Kipsigis name.

Maybe originally from Kales but very common in Kiuk, Maasais and luhyas

Some of our Traditional names have bad omen. Thats from my perspective though… Utajiitaje tu Taabu. Are you inviting peasantry to your door?