Alternative Power Options

Yeah, and quite fast in power tracking

The battaries can bail out on your without warning. …

I do solar everyday, it can not go wrong with the right materials and sizing.

I understand, bora ifanye mentality.

KPLC here is exe.

M-Kopa solar ni ya peasants. You can’t use other gadgets coz they come pre-installed with their own ports

Are you a solar dealer…?

More info mjamaa, and the costs?

Hii Ni factory
[/QUOTE]

I have a 1000 W inverter and a 12V 100AH dry cell battery. Whenever KPLC does their thing I barely notice it. When the battery is fully charged, it can light 3 energy saver bulbs and run tv and other electronics for more than 18 hours. I am planning to buy a solar niache mambo ya kulipia tokens.

If you connect it to a modern inverter, it will show you the % and warn you when the batteries are dying. Just like a phone.

What exactly you want to power in your village?

Extremely expensive too.

Yes.

[/QUOTE]

A guy with 5no 5 storey appartments the blue inverters pumps water from borehole and to the top tanks, the white inverter powers the common areas, security lights and electric fence.

Solar is reliable especially here along the equator. What puts people off is the cost per KWh. It is quite high due to the cost of a quality solar panel, inverters(pure sine wave), storage- non lead-acid options like LiPo and LiFePo4 are the best in terms of how fast they charge and energy density in relation to mass, however they are very expensive.

We have nowdays what we call charge controllers. Wacha zile system za kienyeji za a single chloride exide battery yenye the only regulator ni diode.

Good gel type batteries from India can give you power upto 8yrs,

How much is the set up?

You can get the same specifications for 35-40k depending on the battery and inverter brands. you can even go for higher specifications on either or both the battery and inverter. You can also add a solar. Mine I charge with electricity, when there is a blackout it picks automatically.