Any True blood Kikuyu will know what this is.

Thats the bone from the front adjoining the shoulder otherwise known as scapula/Giciri. Like @Budspencer said, you have to bore a hole through it for the grass to grow. Its a way of appreciating nature.

Its got nothing to do with ‘returning the hand’.

Kuna ile nyingine ya kutoanisha joint one touch

Hiyo ni ndogo sana mboss toboa shimo kubwa ama ancestors wakulaani

munasema ivo na kuna siku nikiwa kipii had this granpa friend who l also use to call guka…after mbuzi kuchinjwa he offered me makei ya mbuzi and told me since l was the only kid there it will make me strong and have many kids…sparta nikakula izo makei slummy and yukish stuff …after kumaliza ile kupasuka walipasuka…na kicheko

kumbe wazee pia hukuwa na utoto wakishikana

now sparta was know as Tommy wa kuria nyeee

I didn’t explain ‘returning the hand’. It happens that the front legs(hands) of a goat can be grilled or even cooked easily. A perfect gift. It happens that in the traditional society, there were not too many goats floating around. Therefore when a mzee slaughtered a goat, he would remember that nyama haijanuka kwa fulani and ‘give a hand’ to the respective friend. Suppossing the new friend got some good fortune and had a goat to slaughter. Would it be natural to expect that he would ‘return the hand’?

Ndiyo unaonaga tunachukia jamaa wanaokataa kurudisha mkono.

Easy to do, you just know need to know where cartilages are. Cut it at the right point and you can separate the whole carcass bone by bone, bila shoka.

@Ka-Buda, I can see you are peeping. I invite you to join wazees in mwaki.

Incorrect, its only ceremonial offerings that have this restriction.

Is this what they call “kiande” or a goat’s right arm?

@Kigui respected elder, could you please explain the significance of mwati na harika? Thenks

Do you know of a bird called sparrow (gathungururu in greek).Some old guy who used to graze our cattle told to me that if I caught one and swallowed its raw heart,that i would start running faster than I used.Si nikang’ang’ana kushika the bird.
I caught one from its nest somewhere along a river,I think it was brooding some eggs nikaichinja na vidole.and swallowed the heart after confirming from a friend that it actually was.Then went to update the old man,mzee alicheka hadi all his jaw lining without teeth could be clearly seen.Then ati najaribu kuitapika,the same guy ranted me to my mum…kichapo wacha tu,I was only 7yrs

Vijana wa siku hizi hawapendi kumiria mara lakini mutura na ndundiro mnakula sana.

Agikorwo wi wakiama kia ma you would know the truth why the shiny eye do it!

:D:D:D:D:D boss uko na ufala :D:D

Im honoured lakini sijafika huko kwa seniors! Mwati na harika are a young ewe and she goat that have not yet given birth (lambing for sheep, hii kizungu!). These animals are given by the groom during a ceremony called ‘Kùhanda ithìgì’ and are deposited into a ‘basket’ referred to as ‘Kìara’. They count in subsequent ceremony called ‘gùtarírùo mbùri’ ie determination of the bride price. Once these animals are delivered the lady is not expected to date any more, in fact parents wont accept any other offer.

I hope I answered your question. Pole for this late reply.