Appointment of Sylvia Mulinge blocked because of rejected work permit by Tanzanian officials

Like someone else pointed out every other telco in TZ is headed by a foreigner. The only difference here is that she’s Kenyan.

They ape their SA friend,I got a work permit to work there for 2 months but I really sweated,na bado nikiwa job huko there are guys who kept asking for the docs.Kitunguu ilinuka vizuri but not worth the stress.Hakuna kitu mbaya kama getting attention in a foreign land for reasons that are unclear to oneself

@4makind anaelewa hii mambo vizuri. Yeye ndio amejionea moto bila moshi huko magufulistan

We probably need to adopt the same kind of scrutiny.Look at out ICT and Financial sectors.Who leads all the reputable organisations and firms “” Foreigners " it is,Don’t we have guys who can do the work…errrr we have but they can be corrupted… so they say…KQ is a good example…enyewe shida zetu niza kujiletea

based on what conviction?the issue here is Magufuli felt that a Tanzanian should be in charge and blocked her. Funny because they would not have issues with a south African. And please, all those who are running their mouths about murder have Cyprian Nyakundi as their source. Go figure.

Aren’t there any Tanzanians working in Kenya? I’m sure there are plenty.
Should their employment be revoked because Kenyans are generally more educated and more energetic than Tanzanians? I think we should look into it because Tanzanians have been acting like pregnant and hormonal women for years now. We should just cut ties and move on separately because these micro aggressions are getting silly.

How can we do that when our president is busy inviting all manner of riff raff from across Africa to settle here? You’d think Kenya is a developed country with some biting labour shortage. You’re right, we should have a tit for tat policy. If Tanzania chases Kenyans away, we also kick them out. For countries like Rwanda that welcome us, we should also encourage them to come and settle and/or do business here.

Next step government to show Vodaphone the middle finger and have a Kenyan run safaricom.
But it will be stupid if Tanzania accepts a mzungu for the position, it’ll show inferiority complex ya Mwafrika.

Have they started streaming-in? I’m told immigration officials are still holding back giving residency to immigrants until the necessary law is passed.

@Purple when i reported this over a month ago u pulled down my thread citing it as ‘racist’… Now it is reported by another talker and the thread stands.

Now, purple, ni nini inakusumbuanga? Is racism determined by the texture of my hair in the context of Negro Cry Baby Syndrome?

@gashwin , njoo uone vile ‘go figure’ inadumpiwa ovyo ovyo

A person who drives around drunk is definitely lacking sound judgement skills… she’s not intelligent enough to make a simple decision leave alone a big one

Kwani unaishi mashambani. Every fourth resident in Kayole is a Rwandan.They do all sorts of small businesses. In exchange, our jobless educated citizens get jobs in Rwanda. This is what Uhuru hopes to promote by allowing Africans easy access to Kenya. As we speak, there is a jobless graduate teacher somewhere in Africa and a class that lacks a teacher at some other corner of the continent. What prevents these two groups from benefiting is the existing red-tape.

Ati wanataka mtanzania

Good luck to them. Even when Vodacom shares were floated at the DSE, 800,000 Kenyans invested compared to 40,000 Tanzanians. Tafakari hayo.

If the Government gets to choose who to head safaricom si hiyo kiti itapewa political crony. And you know what happens after that.

A good number are actually Congolese Tutsi, their language is similar to that one spoken in Rwanda and Burundi.

Is there a job that cannot be done by a local? You have to be realistic.

No wonder these peasant countries will never develop. SA is where it is because of foreigners. Mapadlock runs a fleet of 60 fuel guzzlers on dusty roads because he got no capacity yet he cannot accept thomed people!

Immigration is a privilege not a right, conviction is not necessary for one to be barred from entry into a nation. Would you be enthused about your children having to cross roads where a “qualified” Tanzanian who has a pending case of having caused the death of a child by driving was allowed to drive on Kenyan roads? Consider that on the surface it stinks of corruption, yet somewhere a family has lost an eight year old daughter forever.

If we cannot see something wrong with our impunity, the Tanzanians have clearly seen it and issued a “diplomatic” reason that will be difficult to challenge for the denial. It took a lobby group to sue before the DPP ever took action, more than 2 years after the fact.

[INDENT]A Safaricom director wants the court to stop her arrest and prosecution in relation to a fatal accident she caused.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Sylvia Mulinge, director of the Consumer Business Unit, is expected at Kibera law courts next Monday to plead to traffic related charges.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]The DPP ordered her prosecution on October 19 for dangerous driving after the death of an eight-year-old girl.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]A lobby group moved to court on July 19 suing her and Safaricom for the accident.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]The International Centre for Policy and Conflict also wants police to take action against Mulinge.[/INDENT]
[INDENT]But Mulinge said the officer who filed a report exonerated her https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/11/15/safaricom-director-asks-court-to-stop-arrest-for-causing-minors-death_c1670457 [/INDENT]