Are africans inherently stupid?

What is so unique with Africa to cause the western countries not to let go? Why did they choose us and not countries like say Singapore ?
Could it be something about us? Could it be our greed and myopia which could be make it easier for us to be exploited

Word

I will respond to this drivel in depth some time in the future.

As the Most Influential Talker, I will be damned if could let such bullshit pass…

1 Like

Then why weren’t native Americans from what is currently the USA the most advanced civilization ever. The USA has earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, winter. All these conditions should spur innovation, yet they lived in teepees which were only a little better than tents, they held on to superstition just like Africans and they had primitive fighting methods. To understand why they were so underdeveloped look at when they got into contact with the rest of the world. What distance did they have to travel to meet the Incas or Aztecs? Necessity is the mother of invention but you can’t invent when you don’t have a base of knowledge, conflict, discussion and debate, interaction with different cultures. Another example is the eskimo community. They lived in igloos, no indoor plumbing all because of no interaction.

are you greedy and myopic?

Who do you think pollutes our oceans? White people. Have you read about how London was during the industrial revolution? Takataka kila mahali, air pollution e.t.c. Hii si shida ya Mwafrika. It is part of the process we have to go through.
As for the historian part, just because you don’t know any doesn’t mean that they weren’t around. Ethiopia was a country that had the eunuch from the bible, the queen of Sheba should have also had someone to record the history of her visit to Israel.

2 Likes

Yes…but I always try to fight the vices

“A house divided against itself cannot stand.” We are in the stage where we conflict because we are different communities with different beliefs that were bunched together and told we were a country. We will resolve our differences and then we will decide to work together to bring the next stage which is where we accept our differences and share in a common culture, from this we define our goals and begin to build. How long did Europeans fight before settling down. The vikings plundered lands and there was infighting all over Europe when Rome fell. After things cooled down they got together and formed nations and had common cultures although in the beginning they had different gods and cultures, they then built and destroyed countless times before they got to where they are now.

But you miss one thing; the rest have gone through all that so that we don’t have to.
We should draw our lessons from them. But are we drawing anything?
Look next door at Somalia. Twende SS. Panda hadi Mali. Juu zaidi hapo Nigeria.
The only country that seems to have their shit together is Botswana (a beautiful place full of order).
Their civil service is full of Kenyans yet they register the lowest corruption in Africa.
Why?
Because they created the environment that allows full potential to thrive; that allows other Africans to achieve.
Do you see what can be done if we work together?

And who pollutes our roads and rivers? White people? We need to look inward. This is the inherent African problem.
Blaming others is so easy. I can even blame you for any typos I may make.
Granted, I don’t know any. I accept. But tell me one. Not a modern one, a historical figure who wrote African history.
And show me their works as well.
Get it clear, I am totally against the genetically inferior story. Totally! But Africans have very mundane issues that they choose to refuse to solve.

2 Likes

What you are saying is true but I wish we would learn from other people’s mistakes instead of unsisting on making our own.

you don’t get my point, do you? they didn’t need to innovate, they were comfortable. Nobody needed to invent a gun, they had their plant-based poison for treating their arrows to kill a bison efficiently so they could have meat through winter and a skin to make their tepee…the american indians and the eskimos did not have a problem…

1 Like

No one just decides to get along because they saw what others did. Getting along happens organically it can’t be forced using logic.Also how many people know the history of Europe to learn from it? Do Europeans themselves know how to get there.
I think you’re equating development and knowledge acquisition. We can be able to know stuff which the rest know but without uniting towards a common goal there is nowhere we can go.

Before Kenya could be “granted independence”, Jomo had to agree to a few things:

a) the Union Jack (UK flag) could only be lowered in darkness during the hand-over ceremony
b) Jomo would allow “volunteer” settlers to stay and only leave at their own accord
c) If the “volunteer” settlers wanted to leave then their “land” would have to be paid for at market value
d) any “volunteer” settlers who chose to remain would be guaranteed a 999 leasehold on “their” land
e) upon expiry of such “lease” they were to be given first priority if they wished to re-lease the land
f) all major companies would continue to run as they werem except where the owners OPTED to leave
g) if an EXPATRIATE opted to leave the position was to be given to a a Brit in leau of an EQUALLY EDUCATED Kenyan
h) Kenya was to pay Britain a certain amount of money, hata sijui ilikuwa ya nini!
i) ALL medium-level government employees were to be retained at full pay for at least 10 years, or until they volunteered to retire

…sasa niambie ya Singapore ilkuwa aje?!

1 Like

Ibn Baṭūṭah, or simply Muhammad Ibn Battuta, was a Medieval Muslim traveler and scholar, who is widely recognised as one of the greatest travelers of all time. He is known for his extensive travels, accounts of which were published in the Rihla.

[ATTACH=full]29892[/ATTACH]

2 Likes

The part you did not quote is where I said that they had snowy winters, tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes all which are problems that Europeans also faced yet they had very simple housing which could not protect you from these conditions like stone houses with chimneys. If necessity was all it took then the cold of the winter and the storms in the US would have spured innovation of warmer houses.

They have done their share of seriously polluting the environment halafu once they gotten at the peak of their development and discovered nuclear, wanaaza kutuletea hapa ati upuzi ya Kyoto protocol… which by they way allows them to buy their way out by paying non-polluting countries … hii ni kama kusema Kidero akiamua leo kila mtu haruhusiwi kunya* zaidi ya kilo mbili, mimi naweza kunya* kilo nane halafu nilipe wasee kadhaa wasinye*!? Ridiculous!

*It is kunya, si kukunia

How do you explain that Eskimos can survive in ice-igloos through the winter! Human nature dictates that if they had found it profoundly uninhabitable they would have moved. There is a little science there that has nothing to do with chimneys; you just don’t see it!

they survived, didn’t they? they had a way, even if it meant moving to caves…

What about teepees?

Tepees are for Native Americans (hii ujinga ya kuwaita Indians!!!)… But the whole point is; Whether they lived in tepees or igloos, they were happy. That does not mean they were primitive… In retrospect it is the mzungu who has a problem because he cannot survive in that environment without assistance from heaters and electricity! Makes you wonder what the term “superiour” really means!

2 Likes