Are Al-Shabaab And Boko Haram Practicing True Islam???

Ask any you woman you meet in hijab if she was forced by men to wear it? Unlike like your women a majority of our women are God fearing,they wear hijab because of the fear of God. Kama sisi waafrika hatujui nguo,why don’t you start walking naked tomorrow,uone kama hautaitwa chizi.

Wataulizwa wakiwa wapi? You are here speaking for them. Do they even know such a forum as this? Are they even allowed to speak for themselves? How do you ask a prisoner who has never seen light what the sun is like? Am not a fanatic defending feminism if you go by my posts on ktalk, but your religion is one fucked up shit. Am an atheist too, not christian and I share no interests with the nuns. I am generally against feminist agendas, but I feel sorry for muslim women in particular. Muslim women do not even understand their oppression in the first place.

On the clothes part, nitaitwa chizi because people are not used to it. However, walking naked shouldnt be a crime. It has never been a crime in most of the african society.

1 Like

Wearing hijab is a sign of fear of God? Does the Koran explicitly say women have to cover themselves in this manner?

Going by your comments it seems you know nothing about the status of women in Islam,how are women oppressed in Islam??

Yes,the Qur’an explicitly mentions two types of Hijab,one of which 99.9% of non-Muslims don’t know that it exists.

Could you please write those quotes here…if you dont mind.I’m just curious of exactly what it says.

Why do muslim women have to hide themselves under some garment by force? Why must muslim women agree to a man marrying many other women without question? Why are muslim women stoned or beheaded for flimsy reasons like appearing promiscous. Why do muslim societies not allow women to go to school, drive, ride a horse, walk on the street alone, visit mosque etc. Muslim societies that educate women give them skewed education with a heavy dose of inferiority complex. What do women even have to do with islam? I know Christianity is almost equally oppressive on women but Islam goes overboard. Muslim women are so ignorant and enslaved that the hope of ever liberating them does not lie within their very own societies.

Exactly why I told to ask any woman in Hijab if she’s being forced to dress the way she does,stop perpetuating what you read in the media,apart from Saudi Arabia where women can’t drive and Afghanistan where up until recently girls couldn’t go to school,state other societies where women can’t work or go to school??? You believe any crap the media tells you about our women,stop any Muslim woman in the street and ask if they are really oppressed,you will be surprised what you’ll find out.

Hijab comes in two ways hijab for men:

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.” Qur’an (24:30)

There’s also Hijab for women mentioned in two places in the Qur’an:

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband’s fathers, their sons, their husband’s sons, their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.” Quran(24:31)

And

“O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them [when they go abroad]. That will be better, that so they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” Qur’an (33:59)

Hijab is compulsory no debates about it because it’s a commandment from Allah.

Islam means total submission to Allah—in mind, heart, body, and soul—total acceptance of His laws and rules without doubts or arguments, total obedience to Him and His Messenger, and total refusal of shirk (associating anyone with Allah) in all its forms. The Quran states:

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error” Qur’an (33:36)

Muslims should not argue the commands, rules, or laws of Allah and His Prophet (peace be upon him). They do not need proof from Allah for everything He asks of them. Their obedience is the mark of their true faith. In addition, Islam is a complete way of life that should be wholly adhered to by its followers. Thus, Muslims are not supposed to worship selectively, picking out whatever rules or rituals appeal to them and leaving the rest(you know who does this). Denying a basic Islamic rule or ritual is a serious sin.

The women are so much in darkness that asking them of the situation is foolhardy. I get info from literature. but stop purpoting that the media is entirely wrong. Am talking about Pakistan, afghanistan, saudi arabia, iraq, iran, sudan egypt, somalia, yemen and many other largely islamic countries. Muslim women here in kenya are only protected by the largely christian and secular based law and culture. However, within their very own social confines in the muslim community, they are oppressed. Who doesnt know that.

Exactly.

[SIZE=4]

…then I think the Muslim extremists aka black sheep and their sympathizers are far too many hence their activity. And in the mean time, what are these so called “Islamic scholars” and true Muslims doing to change the tainted image proactively? Giving strongly worded defensive joint statement is not a restitution to victims of senseless mass killing, restoration of destructed property etc. For me, this is too little too late[/SIZE]:mad:
[ATTACH=full]3406[/ATTACH]

I think the basic message is not just to dress modestly but also act modestly.
In the bible 1 Corinthithe 11:5…talks about head coverings as well but this practice has stopped among most orthodox Christians… I still got more questions though.
[ul]
[li]Are people(both males and females) allowed to enter the mosque without the hijab?.[/li][li]What’s the story with burqa and niqab?[/li][li]Is there burqa and niqab for males?[/li][/ul]

majority of muslim are not extremists that would go to the extent of killing you for flimsy reasons, but they are sympathizers of oppression of women, brutality towards percieved non believers and militant islam.

1. Hijab is compulsory for women when entering the mosque. As I mentioned above Hijab is applicable both to men and women,for men it’s called Hijab of the eyes,they should not lustfully look at women (other than their own wives) and in order to prevent any possibility of temptation, they are required to cast their glances downwards.

2. There are three main of Islamic dress relating to women when in public:

[ul]
    [li]Hijab: This is the most common type of Islamic dress, which covers the womans body, leaving only her face and hands visible.[/li][li]Niqab: This type is like the hijab, except it also covers part of the face, leaving only the eyes visible.[/li][li]Burqa: This type is the least common, and involves covering the whole body as well as covering the face with mesh, so that the eyes are not visible.[/li][/ul]
    It is not obligatory for a Muslim woman to dress in one of the above fashions in front of other women.

3.Refer to answer in number one, though I must add that Muslim men should not wear see-through clothing or tight clothing.

What a beautiful car.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought hijab for men is like the one worn by the tuaregs.