Are Kenyans Getting Richer?

This is taking the discussion in a different direction. I am talking about individuals the large majority of them, look at companies that provide these individuals with value for their cash, they have either grown exponentially or have had other competitors flood the market with similar services.

Most companies unless they adapt to this kind of consumerism will die out of market correcting itself.

Fact is: Kenyans don’t have a saving culture. Most of them live from pay cheque to the next and on loans. So if you argue people are buying machines are travelling you already have the answer.

hueleweki hapa kaka

Aleast she’s trying kuliko ku parade SJ

Chances are hio itakuwa requirement kwa wale wanampigia simu saa hii kwa hio number ameandika.

“Lakini si unajua hakuna cha bure… si tunaweza ongea ndio upate hii kazi?”

This make sense…

Housewife is a no

Mahali niko small businesses are closing down

Our parents, majority didn’t save, but they put all the kids through school and sometimes even the extended family.
What we see is just increase in consumption and trends, although salaries have also grown, and so have the jobs and ways of doing business, e.g IT and online business have widened the market.
To some extent the country has grown but this can’t be directly considered getting rich.
One more thing to be considered is awareness through social media, of what is going on around us, people are documenting through media, their every single move.
In regards to flights and holidays being fully booked, consider loans and growth in population and the desire to travel than back in the day.
Out parents were reserved and preferred to live cautiously unlike our generation.

Possible yes, for managerial positions but this is before the govt steals from you their taxes and all.

I disagree with you. In the 80s and 90s, the educated lot had more opportunities than the current generation. Guys could get TSC jobs with form 4 certificate na unakujiwa mpaka kwenyu. On the other hand, most families had sufficient land, and the allure for education forced some parents to sell land at throw away prices. How many households can sell their land today to fund education of their son/daughter? Basically, it was easier to buy land back then than now.

Naaaaaah not in this day and age.

There are those that can my friend. Top of my list kwenye niko Asians! they opened factories back in the day, opened small corner shops, worked damn hard, bought properties as little as 30k now worth millions. They are not known for criminal activities. Known for frugal living, saving and educating their shudren who are the top medics and skilled professionals such as analysts, statisticians, economists in this country. Mbesha!!!

For the many cars, unajua how the traders at Mombasa have made it very easy to own a car. Very good payment terms. And most of these cars are tududus anyways so its very cheap to get a car

Form ni ku-WEKA WEKA WEKA WEKA

but they are a counted lot, not too many

Atleast more and more people are able to pay for them using income from various sources

Kenyans are not badly off, and businesses need to re-align themselves towards this consumerism trends and they will be good to go. It is obvious that kenyans have more access to disposable income and this is changing what people will choose to spend on and what not to spend on and whatever they choose to spend on they will go all out on it.

Even in upcountry people are no longer walking long distances, they choose to take a bike to wherever they want to go (even if they used to walk there a few years back), even within the rural towns. If this is not an indicator of people having access to disposable income, then i am lost.

Wrong again. Ni wengi sana…they came here in the 50’s and saw opportunities that the jungu had not seized and went for it. They also own chains of restaurants…if you go to a town like Leicester, you would be forgiven for thinking you are in old Ngara/Parklands. Their educated kids are the generation to watch for. They have the bank of Mum and Dad (assests) and education and careers to boot.
I have not even mentioned the smart hardworking Brits/Irish who ‘own’ the construction/building industry where big dosh lies.

And no I have not mentioned the retailers and those who call the shots in the haulage industry.
For Africans mimi natambua walalo sana.

You may need a lot of data to conclusively answer this question. It is almost impossible to tell at face value.