Are manual cars being phased out...

Personally, i don`t know what to do with an Automatic.
Ex wife used to drive one and i used to have to remind myself NOT to use my left leg etc…
Too Boring for my liking!

Diesel engines are superb in torque matters , then forced induction aka turbo makes things swift when they kick in.
Scania models are built as buses from scratch unlike the others I.e Isuzu and UD /Nissan Diesel which most are truck chassis and suspension with a bus body.Scania buses have superb suspension.Some years back I used to frequently travel to Kigali using Kampala Coach the ride quality was bad until one day I tried Akamba Bus /Scania from Kigali and I was amazed.The Akamba bus would climb the hilly terrain pale Rwanda with ease and very comfortable because of air suspension I guess.

manual will never die. ata 2015 motis bado zinakuja na hiyo rungu.

Plus you never have to worry about the Starter motor going on you.
You can always do a jump start by pushing it in gear!.. Yippeeee!!!

My old man is a manual die hard he owned a car when the automatic bug hadnt bit the kenyan market …give him an automatic and he wouldn’t know what to do and am sure he is not alone…
Alafu am trying to imagine this short distance matatus the 33 seaters zikiwa auto

Look on the bright side you’re killing two birds with one stone, first hio ni zoezi your always engaged and cant sleep on the wheel.
Second as you have said people cant pester you all the time with borrowing and if one does be rest assured ni dereva ama achome clutch

I learnt how to drive when i was kitu 10 years old because my dad had a Datsun 120Y na as far as i can recall, hiyo gari haikuwa na startter.
Akikiuja jioni anaiacha kwa kamlima in the compound and me and my bro`s job asubuhi ni kuichapa jumpstart while he brushes his teeth!..
I became an expert since then, ukiwa na gari kubwa the technique is to jump-start it in Reverse gear.

Utawacha nyama choma luwere.

Sijambo tsawe. Waambaje?

Naamba vyema tsawe

ES i will passby you teach me how to operate that machine

Hio ya jump~start In Revers gear will eventually break your timing belt or chain, or even cause the crank shaft to break. Hivo ndio tuliua Toyota dyna ingine huko mashinani

a few months ago nimepanda Modern Coast Ksm-Nrb, nashangaa hii Scania ni advanced aje dere anatuliza mkono ya left, kumbe ilikuwa Auto.

Aiih … tumeendesha gari hivi ocha miaka nenda miaka rudi na sijaona crankshaft zikikatika. Engine inaenda side moja saa zote. Ama uliweka reverse gear na gari inaroll mbele?Juu hivo sasa utaua engine ama gearbox.

Don’t think you’ll find very many Vitz in UK,Toyota Yaris maybe.

How long does it take to train and own a license? Suppose I’m a new driver from Kenya.

If I remember manuals were become rare in the US. Only people who do mods like them. The young generation don’t know what that is. I tried to give away an old manual Subaru I had to a desperate single mom in need and they looked at me like a mad man. And they are very expensive to fix the clutch when it burns out. You are looking at minimum $2 k for a 4 cylinder clutch repair job.
Personally I think in passenger cars they are redundant. It’s a pain to drive in traffic. You look at your smart phone only to look up and the car is rolling.

NPR NQR na FRR zinakam infact I have seen the FRR auto version

New technology is favouring automatic transmission, such as cruise control. Can’t buy a personal car with manual transmission, my objective is to get to my destination using the least amount of energy possible

Nimeona mazda CX-5 Manual