Are Neo-Makangas/touts earning more than th average kenyan

It all depends with the nature of an individual. I have a childhood friend who’s made it and is pretty comfortable in the transport business from being a Kange, Their mdosi had also set daily targets and when Michuki rules were introduced his ma3 was one of those that had conformed. He saved up the money from this boom and took his own ma3 on loan… 10 years down the line he’s got a few lorries, rentals and offcourse ma3’s

Akili ni muhimu on whatever biz. Look at 'em successful drivers!

1 Like

Pia io janta inachallenges zake gari ikilala akuna mshande, unaeza lala ndani story ya ufala etc etc lakini ukipata manyanga uko BA… Madame generally wanapendaga mtu kujimaintain ata kama wewe ni mtu kushona kiatu but unajipresent fiti anakwama na wewe… Lakini kama kuna mtu anaplan kueka Mathree weka Buru thank me later

now that is one serious fella

Is it that easy to make 12k by 2pm? The mat is 30-seater, so, a 3hr round trip trip from Rongai will at most fetch 4500. Assuming walianza job 5am, they can only manage 1 rush-hour trip. the rest ni 2000 per trip, so you need 4. more trips to make the 12k. So, at best, you will manage to beat the target through the evening rush-hour, then uanze kutafuta ya mafuta. By 11, you barely have enough kujaza tank, and you’re tired like an ass, thus you can only go to sleep.

Verdict: That lifestyle ain’t funded by the mat. Hao makanga ni wezi!

2 Likes

Kama Jana usiku around midnight two makanga na muthii were arguing nikafikiria nichukue Ka video na simu anatha guy also was thinking the same even zooming plate number.I thought huyo ni Lister pia asilete hekaya aitishwe mbica Ama sketch. Wacha waone tunawachukua waingize baridi.weeeeee Iyo gari ilitoka nyau everybody was left laughing

Some kanges sell heroin and other hard drugs. They are shady fellas.

it is not that easy as u make it sound, the competition in that industry is no for faint hearted. In a capitalist economy like Kenya there is not job or business you can pocket money that easily unless it is a new product you are selling

1 Like

Flashy matatus hujaa mbio at any time of the day. na hiyo rush hour unasema hizo flashy mats za ronga can do like 2 of em ama hata 3 rounds jioni. kwanza wakifika hapo Gems Cambridge whaere kuna jam, they dont stay kwa barabara. they use pavements. people literally fight to get into them because of that overlapping. during that time when Tasmania was launched n it was like the hottest matatu in the Langata-Magadi road route one evening i met some friends hapo Times tower, toled them tuishie but the lady akakataa eti she has been reserved a seat in Tasmania. was like wtf kwani iko wapi? eti iko njiani. she asked if i wanted a seat too. thought she was joking till she called conda n told him to reserve one more seat. na hauwezi kalia hizo booked seats if conda hakujui. so maam making that 3k is possible

2 Likes

Don’t forget to factor in the fare collected from beba shukisha that’s extra money for each trip… 12K is a realistic figure, Iggy Azelea ya route 100 makes 12-15K a day na Kiambu hakuna beba shukisha mingi.

1 Like

Pesa nimekubali iko Kwa wingi lakini stress pia iko kwa wingi

halafu fare zao huwa premium kinda. eg soo or 150 for vip seats during rush hour na non roush hours while others will charge 30 hao it will be 50 or 60. beba shuka route ya Rongai huwa wengi eg watu wa nyayo, Tmall, Wilson, Galleria/Bomas, Cuea, Multimedia Uni

@madova saidia apa

1 Like

Hapo qweli daddi

1 Like

Not possible. Rongai return trip takes at least 3 hours, so ikibeba tao 4.30pm, best bet ni second trip past 7pm. Ya tatu ni midnight (ilipishe thate ama fote).

Boss, I’ll tell you for free: most will have hit that target by 2pm on a bad day. Kikiumana sana by 3. Pesa ya mwenye gari must be banked by that time. However, daily takings vary depending on the route.

3hours kwani ni rongai ya wapi? Kama ni basi kama premier hiyo nitakubali. The only place iko na jam ni after Brookhouse school na nimekuambia hizo mat overlap

I drive to Ronga from Kiambu at least thrice a week, it has never taken me 3 hours, labda unaongelea Rongai ya huko Naks.

4 Likes

I will comment later ngoja kwanza nishikishe hii giza safi.

2 Likes

Just a side note. Makangas are also the worst thieves around. From carjacking to break ins and bank heists, a

Daktari seems you know this biashara in and out. Is it a good side business? By side business I mean passive investment where the business owner doesn’t need to spend much time on the business. 12K per day seems attractive