Are suits overrated?

What of these churches where members have to be in esuuti at all times?

Enyewe mpaka huku coast unapata watu wa church wamedunga full mpaka tie, it looks odd

nivae suti Malindi? ichieni???

West Africans and Southern Africans huresist suits sana, they associate it with slavery/colonialism…a typical south African /lecturer/pastor/insurer/teacher wears shorts to work during winter…na dreadlocks are very common with bankers

Zuckerberger huvaa t shirts tu na body guards wake huvaa suits that is the irony of life .

Kuna managers wengine wa Mzansi hudunga official shirt na jeans wakienda ofisi. Hata parliament yao hailazimishi watu kuvaa suti.

Ya Kenya utachujwa

my first job, showed up in my gikomba suit(mix to match). was told to try and blend in.sMart casual all days, unless when meeting with serious clients. I also learnt Kumbe you can hire a suit in this Nairobi.

Google employees work in tshirts and jeans. It’s all about a company’s policy.

Sawa tumejua uko SA. eish!
(Hillbrow ama?) :smiley:

The issue is if you let employees dress at their discretion, you may also be shocked what some of them will put on when reporting to work therefore esuuti irrespective of quality becomes a standard that cannot be dropped or raise out of the reach of any employee. I recall some MPs calling out Gor Sungu for putting on an Agdaba that looked like a pyjamas sometimes back.

suits mean something to us

Tulia.

Kitu watu hawajuangi ni dress code policy ya many companies ililetwa juu ya how far ladies take it to extremes watu wakiachiliwa wavae venye wanataka.

So instead of imposing a dress code policy on women only inabidi ikuwe implemented on both genders,hapo ndio mahali wanaume huwa wanaumia

Suits should only be worn on specific occasions…What I like about the creative industry is that you can dress however you want & sport a cool hairstyle.

Corporate sales,government, legal, diplomats wear suits,Technology, creative industry people are the ones that do not do suits.Although American and British firms such as Facebook,Google,Virgin do not wear suits, their culture places more emphasis on the work that you do rather than titles and clothing

Za nini in such a hot country? uhuru ndio anaelewa. he grabs every opportunity he can to be out of one.

And it even comes down to uniforms. Kenya must be the last country on earth where cops still wear those black, ugly brutal vunjas and very stifling uniforms. Alafu anabeba several kg assault rifle all day for years.

They must suffer terrible back pains in old age. Kwani pistol zilitengenezwa za nini? How do you even run and chase down a thug with that heavy g3 rifle?

Tru.
We adopted smart casual culture after a volunteer in our office on a a 2 week assignment in KE came to the first meeting dressed in khaki shorts n open sandals.(He was a US/Ghanaian accountant). Our boss karibu avue suit take hapo hapo kwa boardroom.
The nigger accountant ended go apologizing for dressing down but we made him feel easy coz he was on a ‘working holiday’.
Later on he showed me pics zake akiwa kazi huko kwao. Same story.

Dress according to Weather, preference n function.

even today, PhD holders from majuu come in trendy jeans and sneakers. A PhD holder from kenyan university anajichosha na esuuti, na lazima aitwe by title.

Wa Brito bado uva esuuti. I studied in KCL but do I say.