At what age should a child leave his /her parents and start an independent life???

Situations may be different to different people, but the pressure to leave your parents compound is mainly motivated by societal expectations. If the compound is enough, and you have no differences with your parents, what’s the point of leaving the place to buy/mortgage your own 1st home at 20-30 y.o. yet you could start by renting out your new 1st home out utafute fees za watoto mapema?

25 is too old. Me I moved out at 22.5

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My cousin has just been given a notice to move out. Has exactly one month to move out!..23 and graduated last year.
Poor families tend to put pressure on one to move out but richer families can comfortably stay together for generations…btw Uhuru amehama kweli?

This is Ruto’s house. Unaona hapo kando amejengia watoto wake nyumba zao…But they’re still in the same compound…Ata Gideon Moi bado anaiishi kwa mzazi na ako 55 years.

[ATTACH=full]229773[/ATTACH]

Very true. Rich kids cant replicate their parents wealth. They grew up in Karen, Kileleshwa, etc. But cant afford to live there. And cant survive in Buruburu. So they shack with their parents into their 40s and 50s.I know a few like this.

Age doesn’t matter Bora iko na kazi unaweza hama… si uhame ju YA Pressure ya watu ati oh wewe ni mzee na unaishi Kwa mzazi? Kama vile mnaambianga @tall mnyama everywhere ahame Kwa mzazi.

Mimi kitu najua ni ati watu wa eastlands hukaa kwa wazazi sana…dudes even marry wakiwa kwa izo nyumba za gava za kitambo

Sasa ntahama aje na sina kazi. Sihami na sihami.

I know a guy who lived at his parents till he married. He saved up so much, he had the kind of money to make a down payment for a 12m townhouse, bought his car, etc. him staying at his parents was a strategic move.

Just saying.

Don’t stereotype. There’s many of them, in this here our Kenya, that have done well under their own right and stay under the radar of their parent’s limelight. Some you meet and you would never imagine. Humble to death. They’re used to having it all. Hayo tu!

as soon as your sex hormones become active. imagine kuleta dem kwa keja ya pero kumnyandua ama kuomba keja every time unataka kunyandua dem

After campus hama kwenu, brare fwakin…a girl can stay until marriage, though.

I guess its different with every single person but I feel once uko apo mid 20s you have to just make your own way. Because folks start to rely on you and if huna ki wira you feel inadequate and esp for men, that sucks so much. I started out on my own at 24. So I guess around apo I feel you should gets your nuts in a bunch and hit the road while its still tarmac. The earlier the better. At 30 you will prolly have grown a PHD in laziness to even contemplate starting out on your own

There shouldn’t be a specific age ama ata range of years… Depending on the conditions one can move out, some stay with their parents to take care of them, others leave because of pressures and if asked they would have stayed izo pressures kama hazingekua

After finishing fourth form, nilifika home mzee akaniambia, ‘Nomenye nikii turaria hwaini’ meaning I was to go fetch/buy food for supper.
Hapo ndio nilianzia kuwa independent.
I was barely 18…

I knew I wanted to leave home ASAP by the time I was in F2. …I did not want to go and live with my bible bashing sistas and neither did I want to stay at home far out in the boondooks with a nagging Mum, cows, goats, chicken, cats, dogs for company because as you might have guessed by now…I was planning to ace my exams and then rave like mad! get to meet dem boys etc hihi…having attended all girls schools from primo to sec you cannot blame me.

…and so I started making plans by applying for Unis in Trumpistan (how daft) to join my big raving Sis who introduced me to all the 80’s collection music you can think of. Anyways ff 2 years later and Waitherero is just about to make it to Trumpistan but Dad had other ideas. Bad badder baddest ideas hihihi…he said he had no money to pay for me. I knew it was not true as he was paying for some siblings and said since I have a place at UoN could I make my way there while he looked for money for me?:mad: I defiantly called all our relatives/friends for a fundraising at home and organised everything…few turned up as they had spoken to Dad:mad::D:DBesides I had not realised that Dad only supported those that had perservered at UoN, KU, Egerton

FF I had no choice UoN it was…I raved to my heart’s content:D but in the meantime…Dad was working behind the scenes and monitoring my behaviour too. He threw me to the UK…paid everything for 1 year…and then bailed out. He told us all…sorry…I can help with tuition but rent, food, expenses, kila mtu ajipange as it is doable. I nearly came back home when I realised what this last bit required of me. It meant I hold down 3 menial jobs and go to school at 19!!!
Waitressing in the morn at 6/weekends, cleaning rich people’s homes adhoc, serving drinks in a night club, supermarket till jobs…I thank God that my Mum taught us hard work.

Oki no-one asked me but I have survived on my own since then, got a few investments of my own, somad a lot with scholarships and help along the way and most importantly became v versatile at multi tasking. Move out of parents’ digs as soon as you can.

hehe our lives are almost in the same pattern…i too went to uon first …then in the middle of my actuarial science degree got a scholarship to uk…mimi huyo…came back after masters lakini…

Hehe…mimi mzee alianza kisirani ndogo ndogo the last two years ya campo.Mimi kumaliza nika nyenyekea nikasidiana kwa shamba. Vile aliniambia niwachane na kazi zake nifanye zangu nikajua sitangoja kuinuliwa rungu.Nilijipanga kuhustle inda.