Athens

Fucking that money faster than Mayweather! THEY should be the niggas and we should be the uptight crackers eating shit labelled “gluten-free”, hiring Mexicans to mow our lawns ALL while still finding the ballz to do faux-activism for exploited people in Africa and Asia!

:slight_smile:

Maybe the USA will be in this group someday.

Incase you guys dont know kenya is top five among the fast growing economy countries actully heard we are no. 3 china is leading , we may.not see it but kuna wenye wanaona hivyo[ATTACH=full]8358[/ATTACH]

In todays world if you dont have minerals or technological knowledge to innovate and manufacture you are likely to end up broke as a country. Kenya cannot even reach Greeces stage because already as it is we swim in poverty with 80% of the population living in poverty. Note Greece is a developed economy where almost everyone was well to do until the crisis and austerity set in. 85% of their economy is based on services unlike say industrial giant Germany. My view is we live far worse than the greeks but we are so used to the situation that we cant feel it rather we pity them. Funny

Most of the stadia are white elephants. Hosting the World cup and regional tourneys requires host nations to undertake major infrastructure construction. The costs far outweigh the benefits accrued in most cases.

If Greece really borrowed to put up infrastructure for the European championships then they shot themselves.

the biggest problem is uncertainty, businesses hate that. No one will invest if they don’t know whether Greece is still in the euro zone or not. In Kenya although there is more poor people, economic growth means a few are able to step up from poverty. In Greece, its the reverse, people who were once comfortable are becoming poor.
As a poor person I’d rather be in Greece as conditions there are better than Kibera, but as an upwardly mobile young man, I’d rather be in Kenya

It is unfair comparing the infrastructure development being undertaken by the Kenyan Government and was was done by the Greeks. Theirs was a one hit thing that did much for their economy then but it couldn’t sustain its impact coz after the Olympics everything when to shambles coz they were not being utilized. Kenya is in infrastructure development projects that would go and stir investment opportunities, reduce cost of trade and thus have a multiplier effect on this economy of ours. Pliz dnt compare our economy and theirs.

Greeks borrowed to go on holiday in the Maldives will Kenya has taken a loan to buy land build a housing project i.e a gated community and lease/rent the houses.

1 Like

Nice analogy. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I hope Kenya will take note and not repeat the same mistakes because the public wage bill is just too high.

Looks like Tsipras has agreed to swallow the bitter pill after all:

http://www.ft.com/fastft/353421

He had no option.