Audi A4

You have a strange way of internalising issues. Does it break bones for a birrionaire, seeking to purchase a jet, to ask industry experts, manufacturers or jet salesmen the consumption of the jet before he purchases it? I mean going by your logic, he is a birrionaire and shouldn’t be concerned by small issues like fuel else anunue baiskeli since it doesn’t use fuel.

:smiley: I dont own a jet. I was surprised when you started with the, “wacha ujinga nani”, tone with me… I was starting to think that you are assuming I am some thick guy who has no idea about the consumption of european cars and offroads. I dont know about jets and their consumption…but what I imagine is that in the spectrum, the more luxurious ones are more powerful and have higher consumption. Mercedes, BMW and such brands tend to be luxury vehicles. Unless you are buying a basic/entry level model, you should just know bila kuuliza haitakuwa cheap kufuel.

I mean, you have assumed Mwendawazimu is a broke ass who should stick to his lane, it should be no problem if magreb makes an assumption of equal weight about you. Make no mistake, Mwendawazimu is not asking for life advice.

With forced induction and light steel unibody construction in virtually all European machines, your argument is moot. A Mercedes ML 320 or touareg for instance does over 40 mpg that is about 17 km/l.

I had assumed Mwendawazimu wants to buy Aud and then the next question out the mouth is: How is the consumption? Heheheee…

Kama he wants to pinch pennies on consumption he should stay away from luxury class cars. Hata kama ako na pesa ngapi if fuel is his worry, anunue vitz, ama probox, ama nduthi. An e class 280 weighs 1550kgs. He thinks that weight can be thrown about at a speed of 260km/hr by a single cylinder engine?

I had no idea my car had forced induction and light steel body construction… I am not even sure what the data plaque says about the weight…all I know is that is is heavier than most other cars its size; light steel body and all.

So in your wisdom asking how much a car consumes=an intention to pinch pennies?

Yes

OK.

:smiley:

Nunua tu c class,C250 ,DSG issues plus turbo charged engine will make you a peasant,

sikubaliani na wewe kabisa. kama umeamua kula lunch 5* hotel wacha kuuliza bei, please. uliza mambo na quality, reliability, stability at high speed, questions za consumption achia wenye wanabuy Japanese, otherwise utakua unaingia mahali huwezani

Makofi kwako!

Asking for fuel consumption does not mean you are a peasant. It means you value your shilling and you just don’t spend money for the sake of spending. You are conscious of your spending habits.
I have a European but if it started doing 20km/ltr I’d quickly ground it or get rid of it.

which european car omwami?

You are still not getting it

Why would you get rid of a European car doing 20km/ltr?? That is actually really excellent fuel economy. Ama you meant 2 km/ltr??

Back to the Mwendawazimu and others, ni muhimu kujua what your vehicle consumes juu ya kudetect issues. For example, kuna time my jalopy ilianza kukunywa mafuta sana nikajua tu spark plugs zimechapa. Replaced them and the fuel economy resumed to normal. You see, there are many reasons for knowing the fuel consumption ya gari, not just to pinch pennies.

Fuel economy is important but not the most important thing as you go up the ladder… There is a reason why it is included in the vehicle specifications sheet for all vehicles and machinery… else it could have been excluded

German cars this days are arguably more efficient than their Japanese counterparts. At the very worse they’re similar. The issue with German cars is that they are high strung and have very low tolerances. For instance a 2012 BMW 328i has a 2 liter engine that is twin turbocharged and produces more power than a 2.5L v6 mark x. It’s not that Germaans are magicians, it’s just that the engines have very high compression ratios, so to keep the 328i or C250 running well you’ll have to use high octane fuels like vpower as normal fuel leads to knocking and power loss, detune the engine to 320i or C200 spec which defeats the purpose of purchase. The high strung engine will also wear out faster as it’s working harder to make more power than larger engines. There you have it, German cars can be financially burdensome and I love the mark x

Hio ghaseer inatubeba ufala sana. Show me a Mercedes that can do 20km/l. It’s like doing JKIA to Westlands on Ksh 100 thereabout.
Kwanza alipata kazi? He was lamenting here how jobless he is. So now he owns a Merc?
Matter Core kabisa.