Austerity 101

Pay me 10k per month as a manager of your finances. Na wewe every month you’ll be saving 100k instead of the current zero savings

give me a week to think about that.Will inbox you if I consider the offer.

Kwani shida iko wapi.this month I made 82,000 net and can only account for half.I only drink on weekends kiasi .i have no loans but I have 2 brats to feed

1 Like

i remember as an intern i used to get 25k haikuwa inatosha na i used to stay at home…everything is catered for hata rent na food wasnt paying.Even after getting permanent employment sasa ndo ikakuwa worse juu your spending confidence grows…but it all depends on the habits you entertain

I’ll charge you 5k per month to manage your finances. inbox me if interested

First free advice is to have a detailed budget for the month of June. In it include 30% savings. Then revisit the same at the end of June.

1 Like

Aki webdev hun … u really need to cut down on your spending and write down ur budget beginning of everymonth

-get hme cooked instead of eating out
-taxi kila saa…no no wachia expartriates
-mambo ya alcohol mingi reduce n treating ur pals out
-u can get a standing order
-Hope umeanza kumwaga mawe for building your hse or investment plans
-hpe you can get a true pal who u can be accountable to
my two cents …I can live on 30k excluding my loans n chama… for food n all other expenses n u wuld think am a diva :wink: …jst plan yourself

I too wondered

I think discipline is the key word here. For me I always have a budget prepared way in advance before I get to a financial month.

1. Considering my average gross income per month, my first stop is 40% savings come rain come shine and I have a standing order to that effect.
  2. House and food takes about 30% of the total.
  3. Kung’ara is atleast once every 3 months.
  4. Miscellenous expenses take 10% and depending on the expenses incurred, I save whatever is unused.
  5. The remaining 20% ni ya kupigia mwili pole. Kinywaji hivi hivi and sometime kamuchichana hivi.
    At the end of the day I got enough saved for my miradi
3 Likes

Ushapewa jibu lakini nitakwambia tena… FIND A GOOD WOMAN AND MARRY HER.
There is something mysterious that comes with being with a good woman and financial stability. Pesa ya bachelor haitoshangi.-my dad told me that.
Just don`t propose to her na fake diamond juu wewe inakaa ni mtu wa vitu za Shaina. Invest in getting with a good woman and belive me you will never have to worry about money again.

1 Like

And where are those good women found as I also seriously need one.

I must say this is one step I am very proud of…it was also the most difficult to achieve. First month I attempted I ended up visiting the ATM more times (I am not sure maybe it’s coz I was conscious about it). The next few months were more like the first…mara unaombwa do unaenda atm unaachia bank 35bob, then unatuma na mpesa thereby incurring further charges etc etc. Then I decided enough is enough…nikapiga ATM makasi… then went to the bank and withdrew eveything I had. At least I had no reason to visit the bank again and from there on I never looked back. I normally withdraw about 2 times every three months. like now I have got 17K in the house which will run me till when rent is due, and at that time I’ll go to the bank and withdraw everything I need for the month. If an emergency occurs I can sort it out with what I got at that time. In the last one year nimekuwa na kama four to five emergencies most of which required less than 10k… I also don’t bank any cash I am given physically, instead I spread it over a given period based on my expenses and needs.

I Dont know where they are found But i can tell you that you won find them in Sabina Joy , Modern Green,Lambada, cassuarina ,Bob`s or anywhere near Mtwapa!..
Kikikikikiiiiiii!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hear ye! Hear ye! All you doubting Thomases!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I guess I will also need to adjust my spending discipline. I make like 100+ but kama @ webdev,can’t account for much.

1 Like

Start by documenting your daily expenses for at least a month just as I said. Hata kama ni one bob ya photocopy write it down. Buy a foolscap pad for that purpose, or instal a phone app. You cannot plug loopholes if you do not know where they are.

Starting today.

That’s the spirit!:slight_smile: A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step you take.

1 Like

So what do you do in your leisure time? I can imagine there’s a ka50bob for movies now that we are accounting for every coin…I also have wifi I pay ksh4000 every month kwani hii yako ni free? Am all for wise spending & saving but know exactly what you’re saving for…Don’t just sacrifice. Also you only have one life to live and it’s the small things in life that do matter e.g spending time with your family and friends, giving back to your parents and society…The best investment in my opinion is family and your children’s education…otherwise you might jinyima and it will take your kid less than a year to squander your life savings…