Australia slumps to 51st in internet speed rankings - behind Sri Lanka and KENYA

Hapa

[ATTACH=full]88952[/ATTACH]

7 Likes

my fren punguza weight… huewes tu vunja toilet bowl ivo

1 Like

Internet is expensive in Kenya. Tanzanians Airtel is extremely cheap, I bought bundles for 100 ksh in TZ and they lasted me for a week and by the time I was leaving, they had not yet been exhausted.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand about these isps is how they all keep going to the same locations to set up internet connections. Kama ni parklands utapata Zuku, Jamii, Access na tens of other smaller isps offering services, the thinking being huku ni kwa masonko, they can afford our services. How many people can afford to pay 5000-10000 per month for internet? At some point the market gets saturated. Meanwhile there are people in say Githurai 44 who’re ready to pay 2k per month even for 1 mbps reliable internet, but they don’t go there because they assume ni kwa masufferah. Safaricom goes to great lengths to hide the fact that they offer monthly unlimited packages, because the data bundles are obscenely profitable. Mtu anaeza afford data bundles za 30 bob per day, anapewa 60mbs na zinakatika within one hour, I think hawesmind kulipa 3k monthly, akijua anaeza connect upto 10 devices kwa wifi. The overall savings will be worth more. So if these free hotspots are introduced in places where people depend most on data bundles, isps will be forced to market unlimited options more aggressively, to counter the threat to their bottom line.

7 Likes

money is at the bottom of the pyramid, Safaricom gets more money from sufaras than the rich.

3 Likes

@4makind and @Ubongo have you guys tried Zantel? It is the best unlimited internet I have used around EA.

VOTE FOR RAILA AMOLO ODINGA

2 Likes

They also dug and buried a fiber optic cables around all estates some 2 years back. What happened? This fuckers only look after their bottom line and not with any heart of improving service delivery at cheaper rates. Their CSR are just some pr hogwash.

2 Likes

Safaricom kwanza unlike Zuku if you check their website you will never find an article or page dedicated to Vuma internet and the areas it covers. Kun talker in Jan alisema watu kama access Kenya Walikuwa wanaringia Home internet users.
Hii point ya Masonko ni true, angalia Estate kama Nyayo Embakassi, Kuna ISP’s kadhaa humo. Safaricom literally camps there begging guys hadi kwa barabara. Cross hiyo wall ya Nyayo estate enda places kama kwa ndege or even some parts of Tassia, hakuna internet huko yet they are neighbours. Hata akina Zuku haziko huko. Watu kama @imei2012 huuziwa internet na individuals

5 Likes

I

I haven’t checked Zantel out. When in Tz like now, I use airtel because I get fairly reasonable speeds I spend only about 200 bob for 2 weeks and get close to 10 GBs which enables me do my work, catch up kenyan news, download kina Awiti… Hapa waKenya tunacheswo.

But easht or wesht… Vumbistan is best…cant wait for next weekend!

I thought that HTTP stopped working days ago

Kenya kuna cartel ya internet, starting with Safaricon who have invested heavily on them fibres. Safaricon walianza kuloose vile calling rates ziliteremka so they were and still rely on bundles to make a kill thereby, oppressing most Kenyans who are still in slamber (wataamka tu).
Ati unlimited is bad for business in this era where we watch everything on the go plus we have Chromecast, Netflix, DSTV Now e.t.c which requires stable internet. Youtube is a more effective teacher as it demonstrates unlike uncle gugu.
Halafu kulikuwa na hopes ya Kenya power fibre optic kuwa a game changer but walipea safaricom contract ya kuimanage.
Tuna rely on Zuku kuwa game changer even with their crappy customer care. However, they should continue to get more speeds at affordable prices. Once Zuku gets to 1000mbps I bet hata iyo 15mbps itakuwa 2k.
I remember not long ago, 1mbps ya Access Kenya iikuwa inauzwa 30k

2 Likes

E.g a cold mojito recipe is best understood through a youtube video, otherwise you wont get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWU9ZaWbeuQ

And repeat after me I AM FREE

Hii sio derailment…homemade pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyj8wH2iTYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxB4ACaaR4I

my favrite pizza right there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCAPjIVOdJw

I heard that that HTTP injector settings expire after 3 days…some files called ehi files…nimekua nayo juzi nikaeka izo settings…downloaded several movies and series…then jana ikakataa…nikaeka settings zingine ikakataa sijui mbona… @snapdragon lete ehi file ingine ya HTTP injector

tunafaa tuform group tu-hack safaricom… tuiweke out of business for one month… wakirudi watakuwa wamestyle up…

1 Like

they should have ranked the fastest according to price