AVOID OKASH LIKE A PLAGUE!!!

He he he. Ta imajini.

:D:DThe fuckers texted me ati : kindly ask to pay her debt. She is very foul-mouthed and rude plus threatening to take legal action. What ferkery is that?

Na uki-block cork wine haiwezi toka

Hahaha hao mafala noma

another mobile money app being pushed by maina kageni on social media. it has a keyboard and saves everything you type. in one week they will have all your crucial passwords, in exchange of a small loan

Is this the Mkey app from Equity/Finserve

Come on!

LinkedIn is notorious for mailing contacts with pesky invitations, and that is because fools usually skip the T&Cs when creating their account. Therein stands the explicit permissions to raid the address book.

Okash is just ramping up the practice to make it a tool for enforcement.

Yeap,

Usipokopa hutakuwa na deni…Kama hauna deni huitaji dawa…Lakini ukiwa na deni utahitaji dawa…Dawa ya deni ni kulipa. (Asanteni)

Chesos :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Loan eligibility cannot be determined on the basis of user input like passwords over the keyboard. Being a 3rd-party app, the native functionality of Android will prompt the user that typed data is being collected by the app. The data is never stored.

This is a very stupid and short sighted way of doing business in my opinion. So after embarrassing someone like this, what motivation do they have to pay? After that what next, they will plaster your face in the dailies? Mimi walahi ukieza niaibisha hivi siwezi lipa hiyo deni. This debt collecting “solution” must have been suggested by a Kenyan. Tala huwa wazuri sana, ata ukipitisha siku mbili wanakuongeza wiki ingine moja, while sending you motivational texts to encourage you to repay. Ata wewe unaona wanakujali unajikakamua.

i agree. They should ask Tala and Branch for tips on debt collection. Nilikuwa nimedefault Tala for a year (5K. Peasant maneno) lakini bado walikuwa na courtesy wakinidai. Hawa wataenda out of business soon. Ata ukisoma reviews pale playstore you feel. Ati mpaka pastor anaambiwa na ni deni ya 2k.

:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D i thought we are all mbirrioneas. we dont do small loans

That’s very messed up, there should be laws against such behavior

There’s a difference between bad debt and good debt… Bad debt is incurred for day to day consumption… Survival and not maendeleo… Good debt is for investments/ maendeleo and is wise borrowing (with good loan terms) that helps you partake in things that will grow in value in the future or will save you money…

These consumer credit apps have been made possible by:

1. Better technology. It’s easier to track the client (borrower) with today’s smartphones thus minimize the risk of default, but, as we have seen above, at what cost?
  2. Credit scoring. CRB’s have only existed locally for 7 years or so. Obviously, these provide lenders with a client’s risk profile, which is an extra cushion against defaulters, as negative listings act as a serious deterrent against defaulting.

My advice for these apps, keeping in mind what good debt is:

1. If you have to borrow, made sure you REPAY WITHIN THAT SAME MONTH… Don’t be caught in their vicious debt traps of them giving you higher limits once you repay their earlier loan(s).

2. If you have to borrow, go for the COMMERCIAL BANKS eg Equity (Eazzy Banking), Co-op (MCo-op), KCB MPesa, Barclays (Timiza), Family (Pesa Pap) CBA (MShwari), HF (HF Whizz)… Their interest rates are considerably less than these other guys and they tend to give bigger loans, which would make more sense if you need to borrow for quick emergencies…

My two cents…

[ATTACH=full]213119[/ATTACH]Too much data is collected. Lakini kenyans hatusomi fine print (Yes I had to look at the T & Cs)

Ukitaka poa kopa kutoka KCB Mpesa they have the lowest interest rate of 4% compare to Mshwari’s 7.5% per month

I think it’s also illegal even under Playstore’s terms. Yes, Google allows them to collect your contacts strictly for purposes of improving their app, but harassing your contacts is a different story. Ni vile Kenyans wengi huwa wamelalia maskio, but if enough people report this behaviour to Google the app could be banned.