Bad News For Moon-landing Sceptics

For me its not the going back per se that has me wondering. What am saying is why dont they build permanent structures there? They put the ISS into orbit and want to build stuff on mars which is like a year away (moon is three days away). So si wajenge something uko kwa moon then having learnt lessons from that, go to mars later

Back then it was a race with the Soviets. Ni kama mimi na wewe we get into a race to get to Lenana point on Mt Kenya. First one to get there will plant a flag and take pics for proof, right? But will you build a house and live there?

Theres no race with the soviets now but there is talk of building structures on mars.

Point is, its more logical to build on the moon first before mars

with all the tech in the world and money to boot why can’t they go back ? ni hayo tu

I know @patco will troll this thread for me saying this, the only reason the Americans want to go back to the moon is because the Chinese are headed there. Since they never went in the first place,wanataka waende waplant evidence kabla Chinaman exposes them.

NASA DOES not have unlimited resources.Its use of resources is dictated by the Presidency and Congress.
That is why under Obama the focus was on Space Probes, not manned missions under Clinton, NASA’s budget shrank 18 percent.
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplhistory/the90/
If NASA has unlimited resources as you claim, how come the James Webb Telescope is over a decade behind in launching???
https://spacenews.com/nasa-faces-funding-challenge-for-jwst-in-future-years/
Even under Trump, NASA has been denied funding for Earth Science and the promotion of space science to school funding.

The Chinese ,Russians, Japanese and Indians all have had satellites move over the areas of the Apollo landing and have photographic evidence that the Americans went there and the equipment that the last mission left there was still pinging their satellites well into the early 2000s.
The interent is a useful thing but you clearly do not use it well. None of the 4 nations has ever denied the US went to the moon because they have seen the landing areas for themselves and the photos are online.

Hiyo itadelay, they keep delaying development of the sls system, which is ridiculously expensive. My bet is spacex will get there first. They have a planned flight in 2022, but I don’t think they’ll land, Blue origin/moon ya bezos ndio inaplan kuland though hiyo pia iko nyuma ya spacex. The 2020s will be an interesting time for space travel.

Cheesus! am I not allowed to engage in a little conspiracy theory

Faking a mission involving thousands of civilians is difficult…, the first people to call out this lie would have been the Russians… look at it this way …when the Americans were developing the atomic bomb, a more secretive and confidential project, the Russian though spies and informers were able to steal crucial info from the project and use it. Am sure they had spies in the Apollo mission too just to keep them in the tabs.

The moon landing did not just happen once - there were several landings.

build a base on the moon…tukue tunaenda kunywa whitecup uko tukiangalia peasants down on earth:D:D

the moon.is flat

Since 1972 they haven’t returned. I find that very odd given that technology today is 1000 times better than it was in 1972.
Me too, I’m not a believer that moon landing happened.
The supposed moon landings were propaganda games during cold war.

To those asking why there is no return to the moon, tune in to NASA tonight and learn of the great plans they have of going way beyond the moon in the coming 15-20 years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-mission-space-solar-system-announcement-today-a8977336.html

By the way, do the sceptics also believe that the two space shuttle disasters were faked?

Nimekuuliza: go back to do what? The moon has no atmosphere, water, oxygen or extraordinary minerals. To get there first was the challenge.

The moon does have water in the form of ice:
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/ice-confirmed-at-the-moon-s-poles

It has an abundance of helium 3 and possibly other minerals. We dont know at the moment if it has.

It may have no atmosphere or oxygen. Mars has a thin atmosphere (though not breathable). So not much difference there.

If these guys dont want to go to the moon, then they should equally not want to go to mars as there are no confirmed minerals there as well and since the atmosphere isnt breathable, they will still need to build enclosed structures, just like the moon. So why go there?

Also, the ISS simply floats in space… there are 0 minerals in space and 0 atmosphere and no ice water or water. Why go to space?

You are now arguing for the sake of arguing. Throughout human history, man has always sought to go farther, deeper, higher, faster, from one conquest to the next.

Fortunately, NASA does not reason the way you do.

No need to get insulting bro. But you are right, arguments like these can go round and round since we will each follow our line of thinking and am in no mood to get into a long argument.

Lets bail out of this argumentative brawl we have found ourselves in

How have you been insulted?

I only said that this insistence that NASA go back to the moon is pointless (and was born by the faked landing cult) because there are so many other challenges out there.

Just when I thought I was out of this life, you gotta drag me back in (to quote Michael Corleone :smiley: ).

Going back to the moon is far from pointless. We have already sent probes to mars and now there is talk of putting up a human colony there. If we are going to start building colonies on mars, it is far cheaper, more feasible and far less error prone to put a colony on the moon first. Also, its conceivable that in case anything goes wrong, a rescue mission can be attempted as the moon is just 3 days away as opposed to mars which is about 1yr away.

We could practice growing food there using the moons soil and perhaps mining techniques and also how to mine the ice water effectively as astronauts would need to do on mars … basically, practice leaving off the land as it were.

My point is the moon is a perfect staging area for people to learn how to best survive (and refine those survival tactics) on mars and missions to the moon will be far cheaper than mars.

Isnt putting a colony on the moon itself a challenge? A challenge may not necesarilly mean getting to a planet but being able to survive there as well.