Ballon d'Or 2018 Official Thread & Poll

I think they wanted Ronaldo and Messi to tie at 5 Ballon dor’s.

It’s become pretty obvious that the 2018 voting was heavily influenced by World Cup performance… Which is just crazy coz the WC (if you get to the final) is only seven games and despite the grandiosity of the tournament, can’t be used to ignore a better performance in the league competitions, which is tens of matches, spread over a whole season… 2018 results become more twisted when you remember that they still didn’t give the best players at the WC… In 2010, as we saw above, there was a better case for Sneijder, Iniesta, Xavi and if it was WC performance purely, Diego Forlan (WC Golden Ball)… In 2014, nobody can dispute the Messi dragged his whole team to a WC Final (won the Golden Ball)… So 2018 just makes it more twisted… It will go down as one of the most controversial awards! However, watch the video in my reply below… A possible explanation of what happened this year!

Boss, I think you hit the nail on the head… They decided that decade-old duopoly just had to be put to rest and peacefully so tied at five a piece… According to the pundit below, there was voter fatigue and Modric in 2018 happened to be the very first beneficiary!

Ukweli. Hii ceremony ingekuwa downplayed sana if they handed over that trophy to Messi ama Ronaldo. Ma fanboys waliambiwa wakwende uko, we need new faces in these awards.

History have been created. The end of an era of Messi and Ronaldo. Luke Modraic made a debut in the filed of Ballon Dor winners. I think he deserved the award as he took his team to the WC Final in Russia. His club performance is also very amazing!