Ban on 8 years old import Cars to start in July.

President Uliam Ruto will reverse this.

Wouldn’t it be better to get Toyota, Honda, Nissan, to come setup assembly plants here? It’s would make cars affordable and new.

It’s unbelievable to think someone will pay $40,000 dollars for a used car…

Wacha ufala… :D:D:D:D:D

kama tayari aliambia NTSA na Traffic police waache kushika boda boda riders juu ya traffic rules… “watu wa boda boda sio majambas, they are honest men making a living for their families, wasisumbuliwe”… interpretation is mine.

Gari sasa ni za matajiri

Cars are over-rated in Kenya. A car is basically a mobility device/machine. Were it not for the fact that we over-value imports, people like @Retrofart can cobble up fairly decent mobility machines for most of us locally using basic parts like motor cycle wheels and locally fabricated parts.

You commute everyday to town from Rongai? A simple bicycle with a small engine/electric motor can serve you well, for example. Lakini no, you must have a 4.6 litre behemoth to show you have arrived…

Of course, there is also the little thing about appropriate infrastructure - you don’t want to meet head-on with a Rongao contraption driven by a chokoraa high on glue when on a bicycle…

Peasants embrace the matatu

Time to separate peasants from mbirrionaires. But this will be good for the economy. Kuna Chinese firm ilijaribu kuset up car factory hapa kenya for persona cars but the economics did not make sense, it was still cheaper to import. This will help boost car manufacturing in Kenya

Ongata line brathe …

More money to Japan, more revenue to gok. More shafting for Kenyans. More junks on our roads,

If you’re silly enough to spend on a Chinese motor vehicle, especially the cheap ones…usikuje kulia juu ya ajali

Alaa, si wangeifanya peace meal, 7, for 2 years, then 6 for another 2 years then finally in 2023 tuingie 5 yrs. Plates za U.g, Tz na South Sudan are about to flood our streets

How many cars would they be able to sell considering that this is an impoverished nation?

Also local manufacturers are already complaining that they are having trouble with the punitive tax regime in Kenya. Some like Eveready and Cadbury packed up and left. How do you attract foreign investors to invest when they’ll be taxed by national and county governments?

What are you talking about yet you have a V8 engine driving your dead heart. Birrionaire has been saving to buy a decent SUV in december and they are trying to pull this bullshit. I will assassinate that cunt if he fucks up my plans.

now you can go back to slumber land son

This is a huge possibility! You cannot be selling a car at 3M when it retails at 500k in your neighbour’s shop; especially with EAC laws that allow movement of goods across borders.

Anyway, I’m 100% sure this law will never see the light of day. No political goodwill at all.

[ATTACH=full]220220[/ATTACH]

Who in his right mind would waste his money and buy a 1,000,000/- vitz??

This should only apply to Japanese contraptions,sisi watu wa German machine should be exempted ,buana:D:D:D:D

Sayings of the peasants …