BANKERS IN THE HOUSE, YOUR ASSISTANCE IS PARAMOUNT HERE.

I found this 2013 press release on the website of the Kenya Bankers Association. Note the part on Truncated cheques i have highlighted at the bottom.

One-Day Clearing At The Kenya Bankers Automated Clearing House To Hasten Payment Transactions
Nairobi, 31 July 2013 -
The Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) today announced new cheque processing timelines, which will result in a one day reduction in the time it takes for banks to process interbank cheques. The move will benefit bank customers by speeding up their cheque payment transactions, ultimately enhancing the flow of funds in the economy. Banks will migrate to the new clearing cycle from 19th August 2013.
Making the announcement, KBA Chairman Mr. Jeremy Awori noted that the new clearing cycle was a major milestone for the industry.
“The shorter cheque clearing cycle will enable customers to know the fate of their cheques faster, and funds will be availed one day earlier than in the previous cycle. We are excited about this development that will benefit bank customers by speeding up their cheque payment transactions, ultimately enhancing the flow of funds in the economy,” he said.
The new clearing cycle means that the “Paying Bank” has one business day to determine the fate of a cheque that they receive from the “Presenting Bank” via the Automated Clearing House, which is owned and operated by the Kenya Bankers Association. Previously the old clearing cycle gave the banks two business days to clear the cheques via the Automated Clearing House. On this cycle (also known as T+2), the overall time it would take from cheque deposit to funds available would be approximately four business days. With the new timelines (known as T+1) that take effect on 19th August, the overall time it would take from cheque deposit to funds available would be reduced to approximately two to three business days.
Mr. Awori also thanked stakeholders for collaborating with the KBA to improve the standards and efficiency of the banking industry. “Over the years, KBA has been able to dramatically reduce the cheque clearing period from a high of 21 days in the 1990’s. The initiative is the result of collaboration between commercial banks and the Central Bank of Kenya and forms part of reforms being implemented in the National Payment System,” he added. Mr. Awori appreciated the partnership between the regulator and the industry association, saying “The positive development we have witnessed through the Kenyan banking industry is a result of the collaboration between KBA and Central Bank, not forgetting the individual banks that make up the KBA membership.”
KBA and CBK initiated the cheque truncation project that not only saw the introduction of a new, more secure cheque format, but also introduced the automation of the cheque clearing process. Contrary to the physical exchange of cheques by banks up until 1997, banks today ‘exchange’ cheques electronically using the image of the cheque and associated information. The move has contributed majorly to significant reduction in cheque-related fraud as well as increase the efficiency and accuracy in making cheque payments. The new cheque processing timelines affect all cheques denominated in Kenyan Shillings drawn on banks in Kenya and exchanged at the Automated Clearing House. There will be no changes in the clearing process for foreign cheques drawn on banks out of Kenya. Additionally, there will be no cost passed to the customers under the new clearing cycle.
The Cheque Truncation Process
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]Cheque Truncation is the process of clearing cheques between banks using the image of the cheque and associated electronic information. This process takes place at the Automated Clearing House which is owned by the Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Through the use of technology, the process is much faster and more efficient, leading to savings in time (from a high of 21 days in the 1990’s). As a result, customers can now enjoy the benefit of this reduction in time.

right answer to the wrong question. @Deorro .

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D you replied to the wrong talker. location ya Millenium bureau priss

Find us in Gisenyi, adjacent to Kivu beach, reach us via MTN +250 783 349 217

I think your question was whether cheques are physically moved from the branch deposited and I am confirming to you that yes, the cheques are still moved every morning and every evening.

asante. nitashout meffi kwa call ujue ni mimi

Okay, but their movement isn’t mandatory for the clearing of the cheque and eventual clearing of the funds.

Thanks Okiya for your valuable imput, now to access this suspense account is the tricky part, Equity wana sema pesa haija ingia, can Bank of Kigali reverse this transaction back to their system, coz at the close of business, bank statementsstatements must be balanced

No way ur acct and name can match another so wacha kuogopa

I have confirmed with Equity, their East Africa branches are inter connected, no two or more people share same account numbers albeit different countries, it means the money is holed up in a limbo account,

I would like to know if the ‘sender’ bank can access this pigeon hole, and reverse the transaction

If Equity are saying pesa haijaingia and it was a personal cheque, it means the person who gave you the cheque doesn’t have enough funds in the account. So cheque will not be processed.

What denomination was the cheque? It takes longer to clear cheques in foreign currency.

It will revert to their account automatically.so just tell them to draft another check.

Kama ni holiday heri Dar, kuna bnb najua next to the ocean. Dirt cheap. Next to embassies.

Destined to Kenya but in USD currency. They deposited to my account number in Rwanda which is not there, my account is in +254

Dar ni project ya next year. Halafu nichukue Ferry from hapo nivuke hadi Zanzibar. Wacha tusiderail thread ya @GGrass tutaunda thread yetu na ulete mawaidha kama yote ili ifaidi wengine pia

Kuna ferry? Nilikuwa nachukua boat. Unaenda friday na kurudi dar sunday. Crazy parties pale zanzibar. I sowed 4 wild oats. Hope hawakuabort.

Siku hizi ni images tu ndiyo wanatuma.