Bending the standards too low.

:D:D:D:D:D

1 Like

The Bible, wittingly or otherwise, said women should be quiet in church and submissive to their husbands, period! Why do people give their own extra-explanations? That’s why it seems to be so distorted!
NB, @Transformer, the worst you will ever do to truth is to clothe it in lies!

Wen i waz in highskool i used to luv a gospel music group called ‘21 generation’.Who knows where i can find their music

@Atheismo is right when he says most of you Christians know less about your religion than a non-Christian… The Bible has so many contradictions listing them here would take me a whole month.

2 Likes

My friend You can just take a verse and just do away with the rest, a verse is subject to the theme of the chapter and the whole book at large, that is why interpretation is needed, you also need to know that the Bible was initially written to people of different time who had a culture that is different from ours, thus Bible interpretation is necessary through guidance of the Holy Spirit not interpreting it to suit oneself.

1 Like

If you just read Bible to get contradictions you will get them because you do it not with understanding, Bible is not a novel and thus let us apply ourselves to a diligent study in an effort to know the Word of God well as i said earlier

1 Like

That’s what i thought, because we had all along been taught to “Just Believe” not to question because it was the word of God. Any sacred text inspired by God should not contain any error because he is perfect on the other hand the works of men will be replete with errors and contradictions.
[ATTACH=full]12158[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]12159[/ATTACH]

My Bible says,For judgment I am come into this world and it means that the Pharisees, through their spiritual pride,were full of conceit and ignorant of self. They were blind to their own sin, but could see it in others. In this, Christ is reversing the usual meanings of things in that he is teaching to see one’s own sin by being blind to the sins of others to avoid pride.

Good, but as usual none of you answers the contradictions. Let me leave it there i don’t want to get pulled into this Christian Vs. Atheist debate.

Bible interpretation is all about being led by the Holy spirit as He Inspired the writers, if you don’t have the Holy spirit then you will get them all wrong. I think i was explaining john 9:39 about the judgement and you can see from my explanation it is clear.

Every verse can only be explained according to its context, it may take time to explain all of this, but one thing i am sure is that there is no contradictions