Billionaires these are Ngara homes. Affordable Housing

Affordable housing does not mean it’s for poor people. Ni watu wangapi wako na 3 million in cash? Let’s be honest here.

who are poor people?

The outcome of such blocks is the same in many places.
They were used to provide social housing for the masses in Europe, after a while they became a territory for the criminal elements, drug dealers, safe panya scape for criminals, making them a no go zone, people were afraid to go there or go out, a depressive environment which lead to social exclusion. Education standards of residents declined, pregnancies of young girls increased and life prospects declined.

raising it in a year or so not so difficult

The wire anyone?

in 70s it was a slum ,demolished during OAU conference, they moved to current ngomongo
There was Shabir centre in 90s sasa another scam ! The project can’t materialize with such proximity

Kenya is a third world country so it means most Kenyans are poor. It’s actually much easier to count those who are not poor because the rich are few and most of them are not black except politicians and senior civil servants

3 million in a year? What are you dealing in because I need to change careers

Trump senior made his billions from such housing.

Wow! So assuming someone like you would have a tough time raising 3-4million in one year, tuseme most of the guys buying these homes are the same birrioneas who own apartment blocks. It defeats the whole purpose of affordable housing!

The ministry of housing should have maintained ownership and then rented them to low-income people at sub market rates. Another option is to give low interest rate mortgages. Because I believe once these apartments hit the free market, rent will be 25k kwenda juu lol.

Try imagine opening a simple store next to the building and having all the rights to be a monopoly. …you will be rich. So its true is a haven for drug dealers and petty criminal organizations. I watched a series on Netflix “person of interest” there is a character called Dominic , Elias and some Russian mafia who made fortune from project houses.

@hunningale says he can raise 3 million in a year. I am shocked because that would take most people over 10 years to save.
I have no capacity to save 3 million in a year. I would have to turn to my Sacco then be paying the loan as I utilise the asset.
I saw a popular concept of owning homes in South Africa. You pay rent continously for 20 years and then you get ownership at the end of 20 years renting.
To me, that the way forward. It avoids disruptions of interest rates rising and sinking.

Kabisa. However since that’s not going to be the case, then these ‘projects’ are another form of massive wealth transfer to the rich.

trust me… thats 500k 6times… will need a couple sacrifices espesially if its a house we talking about

The biggest stakeholders in terms of volume in this “affordable housing” business are Uhuru’s two sisters. Nyokabi and Kristina.
And they are billing 30k+ per square metre. Hence the conundrum.
Kwa zile za kazi nimewahi, I have proof you can make that figure to be 16k per square metre.
About interest rates we were ferked kitambo sana by IMF. Once we accepted their ‘aid’. They dictate the specific interest rates to be charged for every industry. ( I can write an essay about IMF fuckery) but I digress…

Any time you hear ‘Jubilee’ and ‘project’ in the same sentence unajua tu it’s another scandal in the offing. This one stinks really, really bad because there’s no way most low/middle class families have 3-4 million in cash money. Why couldn’t they give mortgages or rent as you own sort of a plan? What methods are they using to identify who’s low income enough to qualify? Tax returns??

You too fast for most of them.

@Purple open kitchen ni nini ama ni kitchen haina roof ?

Interest rates are determined by the state of the economy. Not IMF.

[SIZE=6]hii ndio open kitchen. Sasa Tengeneza kwa nyumba ya Bibi wa pili pale Shamakhokho
[ATTACH=full]229679[/ATTACH][/SIZE]