BMW 116i

All you are saying is that BMW are shitty cars without deep content,what makes them shitty cars in your opinion apart from flatbed which I have tried to explain?A poorly maintained audi is worse than a bimma.Also dont dare drive thru water with a VW golf.They have practically put sensors everywhere which will render your car immobile.The sensors zina cause Christmas lights effect kwa dashboard, that everything is not ok and the engine is immobilized when you are in water,Saa hizo it is just steam build up under the engine hood from the hot tyre rims and hot engine.You sort this by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery terminal.
A bimma if it has an issue will never stall on the highway my fren.If you skip service for whatever reason and things get spoilt,you will be able to drive it but mahali itasimama you wont be able to start it until you sort the issue.
Bimmas are not designed to be towed,if you choose to tow it you must disconnect the pulley so that you dont mess the gearbox,that’s why they are usually put on flatbed.If you stick to service as should be you will never need a flatbed.
Mungu akinijalia nipite janga la Corona I hope to own a X5 2018 model one day.

Bro, a Mark-x, Crown and BMW 116i are cars in completely different classes and not really comparable to each other. These 2 cars, especially crowns, are more executive cars and the crown is the car of choice in Japan for alot of people who can afford to be chauffeured around.

Both cars have V6 engines in their base models and put out circa 200hp which is reasonable for their size so this idea that the engines are too small for their size seems to be a figment of your imagination.

I dont understand how you can be “King Of The Road” going to coasto passing everyone else in your 116i with an hp output of approx 120hp. This is generally the same output as a normal corolla. I have 2 cars one of which is an older Levin AE101 1993 which has a power output of 160hp and is alot of fun to drive so never sold it. The other is a Skyline.

Am pretty sure even that 27yr old car can still outrun your 116i beamer. Its not a matter of badge, but whats under the hood. And a 116i is targetted towards a different class of people just like the V6 crowns and Mark-x. But here in the second hand kenyan market, all cars cost about the same. But a base model crown costs much more than a base model BMW116 when new.

In a few minutes mtaanza kumuambia atafute Hilux ama fielder ama ractis ama subaru forester mzee.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The irony being none of you haters have ever owned a BMW. Not even a key chain with a BMW logo.

I agree with you.The only thing you dont get is that my 116i is an msport package tuned to 280bhp.Even a V8 with all its power doesnt go beyond the 160kph redline.
Every motor head knows that the mark x and crown have aerodynamic design flows which the manufacturer tries to hide by adding in luxury features.The instability at above 140kph,the noise and the rattling sounds are are known design flaws for both models.
In fact the only comparable model to mark x could be my 320i msport but then again the 320i msport is light years ahead of both in terms of design,engineering,performance and luxury.
I can bet my life that ka Levin of yours has nothing on my one series.Many have challenged and failed including hawa watu wa audi a3 za car loan and failed miserably.Do measure apple for apples bana, dont compare a tuned 280bhp bmw one series with a weather beaten levin.You are raping this nice conversation we are having.
When it comes to speed hakuna cha sijui class.Either you can do 250kph like my bimma or you cant,that’s why I make mince meat of all the bulky landcruiser v8s,unstable markxs and crown athletes which cant even go beyond 170.

The only models zenye ziko designed for speed,stability and safety before you even discuss classes za luxury etc ni Mercedes and VW.Hizo zingine ni za kufurahisha watu ka wewe wenye wana aspire for speed on a toyota budget.

Exactly my point.Utaambiwa run ama it’s the worst car.Wenye wanakuambia hivyo hata have never stepped inside a bimma.Wameskia tu watu wenye hawamaintain magari after buying them waki complain.
The only bad bimmer is the one you have failed to maintain and you now face a ksh200k repair bill because of negligence.

Bro, hii jamaa alikua anaongea juu ya the normal model, sio M-Sport. And if you tell me to choose between a kawa 116 na normal crown basi nipe normal crown. And remember, here we are talking of the base model crown. There are also high-end ones that output more power than your suped up 116

I havent driven crowns at high speed so wouldnt know. But there was a jamaa here in a thread who owns one and was impressed with it (he mentioned how quite it was at high speed) mpaka alipatia bibi c-class yake akabaki na io crown. So inaonekana hizi ni hadithi ya abunwasi unatuletea my fren.

Can any crown or mark-x owners hapa kwa forum have a say on this “rattling and instability issues”?

:smiley:

Hio “ka-Levin” as you say is a car I want to be able kupeleka concurs in 10 years time. Kama yako ni M-Sport, basi ofcourse “Ka Levin” haitaishika. I was comparing it to a normal 116 since both the Levin and a normal 116 are 1.6cc and both are naturally aspirated. But the levin still outputs 160 compared to 120 of a normal 116. Thats very good power for a 1993 1.6 naturally aspirated car

This is simply a personal bias you have for German cars. In terms of safety features, what extra safety features does a 116 have over a crown? I would rather been in a crown in a road accident than a 116.

To you gari yenye iko na mbio ni yenye iko na speedometer imefika 260 kph… Ile ujinga uko nayo kwa kichwa will take decades kutoka.

Ujinga is comparing a tuned car with a stock one.

If you think nakuambia hekaya then that’s your problem,not mine,am responsible for what I post,not how you choose to understand it.
We can never agree on everything.I respect your choices and preferences.
All one series come with side impact beams, impact warning and six airbags for all passengers including rear passengers.All bimmas are designed to be heavy and have a low COG for stability.
Let me surprise you,a base model one series weighs heavy than your typical base model crown or mark x.Your Toyotas only have two airbags for the front passenger and driver,which sometimes even fail to deploy.Your toyos want to take off like a light aircraft at speeds more than 130kph yet it has no wings.
I can do an average of 200kph from here to Mombasa at 12km per litre fuel consumption.Try that speed with your toyos which derive power at high rpms and you will be refueling at mtito Andei.
Enjoy your levins in peace na mimi nijibambe na mabima zangu.

Take time to read my post.Kama huwezi soma long paragraphs,utaweza ku sustain convo za magari kweli.Makende wewe.

Amka kabla mamako akufkuze kwa kitanda u mop nyumba.Stupid cunt.

Sawa bro…

Toyota ‘Crown Royal’ and ‘Crown Athlete’ Receive Highest-ever Japanese Safety Score | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Why would a crown get these awards if it was inherently unstable?

And the Crown Majesta, which is the top-of-the-line crown, comes with even more safety features. Please dont try and compare cars that are in 2 completely different market segments.

This is erroneous. Its not necessary to design a car to be heavy for stability. If that was so then why are super-cars making use of light weight but strong materials like carbon-fibre? Also, Prados should then be the most stable cars around going by your logic

Yep, this is a suprise. In wikipedia, the weight of a 1 series is:

1,360–1,590 kg

while for a crown:

1,620–1,700 kg

So your claim is truly surprising! :smiley:

True we can never agree. Enjoy your Bavarians

OP should read this with clearest of the spectacles and weigh it with an even hand.

So you gonna just sit there and type that the crown that they ship to states is the same one that they ship here to Kenya? Maajabu.
One reason why peeps have been moving towards European models its coz the model being used on the UK is the same one you will find in African roads,unfortunately not so for Toyotas.

Wikipedia is not authoritative,anyone,including you and me can edit a wiki narrative.Will post a thermal of the specs from my car manual ujionee,mine is 1700kgs.

We are going round and round with this car classification thing.A super car needs to be light for mostly speed purposes.Carbon fibre and steel do the same job when it comes to safety, but it is the preferred choice for super cars because it is more malleable for aerodynamic designs,infact formular one cars are all carbon fibre,but what is the practicality of a formular one car outside a racing track?For bimmas the choice of steel is for safety reliability comfort and stability.

Hakuna holy grail kwa magari.Kila mtu a enjoy gari yake.The last toyota I ever touched and will never touch any again is the fielder.

Ok guys, I have had enough of this nonsense, I am out

VW Golf ni gari moto sana.Maji tu ndio naskia inaogopa.Plus they never used to have a sump guard ya engine,they also dont have a stone guard,so if you go off road and a stone hits the sump and it leaks your engine is fried.Floods za pale Tmall roundabout time za mvua is enough kukupatia wasiwasi kiasi.

Tulikuita hapa?Dinywa nanii.

Hehehe this Agwambo character is the most ignorant of the bunch. 116i iko na almost supercar performance… :D:D

Bro, the second hand crowns shipped to kenya are the ones ment for the Japanese market. They have all the bells and whistles of the ones shipped to the US. Infact, alot of times, these car manufacturers sell the best cars within their markets and sell lesser cars of the same model to the US. Not to mention the stringent emmissions controls of the US means that they normal detune the cars they sell there to deliver less horsepower but which will meet emmissions standards. Watu wa VW ndio waliingia states na Dieselgate :smiley:

Sawa Bro. But wikipedia is generally accurate in what it says and I doubt someone would post an erroneous weight. If any of us can edit it, si you go to wikipedia and badilisha that weight for a 1 series basi?

So you are saying “light” supercars are unstable?

I think that right there is your problem. You simply cant compare a fielder to a crown. A fielder is a low end car. Gari ya mwananchi while a crown is much higher up in the scale of things. And you also have Lexus which are more luxurious cars.

It looks like the fielder gave you a fright at some point na uliamua all Toyota’s ndio hivyo

Anyway, a Beamer is also a great car, especially M-series. Enjoy them my fren.

:smiley: