BMW 320i (2008-2009) or C200 (08-09)

Tafadhali rudi na handle yako ya kawaida…mshienziii

Yako ni ya mwaka gani? Only Subaru I have seen with issues worth mentioning are the 2003-2007 legacy na Exiga. Avoid the 2.5 engine on 2002-2007 forester if you can. Would comment nikijua yako ni gani.

How exactly is telling someone to avoid locally used cars condescending?? Has the meaning of condescending changed?? You have issues that transcend beyond this thread and it is obvious.

Kojoa ulale unono.

@Kimakia kihii giki :D:D You know what we call niggers who hate you but don’t have the balls to unfollow you? Pussies. Don’t be a pussy, pussy :smiley:

I’m interested in a 2012/13 Forester XT. Primary use is to tour the country extensively as I have a town car. Think of weekend out of town trips which should mostly be on smooth surfaces but I expect some occasional rough roads . Would this be a good buy?

2012/13 is only “good” because it is “new”. it’s not a bad car. just more “electroniky” than the previous version. i personally don’t trust electronic vehicles - mostly subarus - especially if you’re looking to go out of town.

Thats a car and a half…kwanza 2013 nikipata circa 2M mimi siwezi acha…LED daylights etc

Good choice. The Forester is a versatile car with a good built as well as good clearance and people and cargo space for your intended use. Let me try to break it down as much as I can. Will update in case i leave out something. This applies to cars in Kenya that you can check out before buying. It would be different if you are importing as the car has to be brought in by which time the financial commitment would already be made.
[ol]
[li]Avoid accident cars like the plague,[/li][li]The body has to be clean and in perfect condition save for cosmetic wears,[/li][li]The tyres have to be worn evenly else you are looking at a serious alignment issue that you might not resolve easily,[/li][li]Get out the oil dip stick and take a sample of the oil and smell. You shouldn’t perceive any burnt smell else the engine is on its way out. Similarly, feel the oil between your fingers. The feeling should be smooth. Anything rough is an indicator of chuma kukulana so ondokea,[/li][li]Get to a kerb off a road and bring the car to a stop with the tyres just touching the edge of the kerb. Slowly press the accelerator with the car in gear. The car should climb the kerb bila shida. Iking’ang’ana, the transmission is on its way out. Engage all the gears with your foot on the brake. The engagement should be smooth with no loud thuds between gears,[/li][li]At this point should you be satisfied, take the car to a pitstop then using a heavy screwdriver, nudge the bushes for play. The play should not be easily discernible else you are looking at a repair bill of about 80k mbele na nyuma,[/li][li]Should you be still satisfied and proceed to buy, make a number of preventive repairs and replacements. This should give you 100k kilometres of virtually problem free driving. First, change the whole timing kit together with the water pump. Secondly, do a major service involving a change of spark plugs, an oil change,air, fuel and ATF filter change as well as the ATF. Check for any cracks in the major brake, fuel and ATF hoses and change if need be. Do the same for brake pads and discs if need be. After hapa, you are off to a stress free driving and ownership experience.[/li][/ol]

https://topcar.co.ke/

Good points but quite to the contrary, subarus are cars you can easily work on if you are an interested DIY guy. Ukikaa nayo unaizoea. Iko kama Peugeot. Once unazoea and you start listening to your car, the rest ni mteremko. It doesn’t require special tools and the engine set up is very simple.

i ran a subaru garage. i deal with them daily. i’m an owner and enthusiast as well plus i map cars.
i prefer cars (subies) that are more mechanical than what i see today. SJs are the worstest!

Wanaitwa Sissies kama @Deorro… mimi i can never block anyone ,i also don’t follow pple…niko hapa ku engage any sort of engagement

A journalist who own a garage,i hope sio out of the brown envelope.You know what i mean

Subaru outback Oct 2016 edition, 2.5l touring.Still very silent ,running very smooth…what problems am i likely to face in 3 yrs time

Nunua diagnostic kits uwache kusumbua.

Halafu the number of SJs ni kama ngapi Kenya yote in private hands?

hehehehe not even close…bad experience na mekanika fala nikaanza kujitengenezea. alafu pole pole nikaanza kutengenezea colleagues.
kwa brown envelopes, never received one but i saw some receive from jirongo back in 2007

niko nayo. mapper my friend. lapi + romraider + ecuflash

Nothing major save for kukula oil. 2016 bado no gari mpya. Labda ukuwe mang’aa. Uko mbele boss!!!