Building single rooms

I am currently doing a Ksh75 million project but I am stuck coz I have a shortfall of 18m. How can I get to finance this through a financial institution and pay them once I start collecting rent?

Kij

Kuja nikupee hio 18k :D:D

Correction. It’s 18m

First do a casestudy with your neighbors who have similar developments… it will give you an idea of the cost/ rental returns which will help you decide what is viable.

Is the capital already deployed from a finance institution?

I will be completely honest with you. I am not the right guy to advice you because I am not experienced in the construction side of real estate.

However, I have seen countless times people losing their property because of loans. You can check the dailies utajionea mwenyewe. You want to finance 1/4 of the project using a bank loan. Will you be able to pay the bank if the project is 30% full?? Assume that is the worst case scenario. People are likely to “kaza mishipi” during the hard times, is your property targeting high end, middle class ama low end?? Juu using a loan to build rentals for upper middle class and high class tenants ni tricky juu ya potential vacancies when people face hard times and decide to become frugal.

For a guy with that kind of money, I think you can afford a true professional. I suggest you pay for that kind of advice juu you cannot rely on the opinions of strangers hapa kenyatalk. You have no room for error so you may as well pay a professional. Talk to a few project managers watakwambia how some of their past clients went about it. Then sit down and decide.

This right here is the key question. Because if it is…mmmmmmh

You have accumulated 57M Shillings but don’t know about asset financing??..Shifu remwe onawe niutwejaga muno :confused:

An average single room is about 16-20 square metres, thats a big one actually.
So an average of Kshs. 15,000 per square metre, this comes to roughly 180k for a nicely done room.

Single rooms fall under low income bracket,which are very marketable.Problem is tenants evading rent.Na Kuhama usiku wakiwa na Deni yako.Sometimes lazima utafute enforcer kudai.Every end monthly lazima ukunywe whiskey ndio ukuwe mkali ukidai

Anatubeba vibaya sana sometimes.

Very well. I think I am off to see an expert I know on this matter

Ndirahenania mûndû wa nyumba

depends on the location of your plot; the budget is more suited for an upcoming town. Also, consider building shop outlets; they have better returns

The most dumbest thing I have read today

start there young man, I remember in my days when starting,nili-introduce bedsitters pale ruiru, and priced them slightly higher than singles, zilikuwa always 95% full, to add to it, ile nyumba ya kwanza niliifanya storage, fo free for tenants, so wamama wa soko always had somewhere to put their things and ripen their bananas, pia watu wa mjengo always had somewhere to put their tools, and I also had a boda guy. Alway create a niche na usiwe na tamaa ya pesa, na ulipishe averagely,…probably, then slighlty lower than you competitors. Again, do not worry,just ensure ni kitu smart alafu ensure they have 2 toilets and 3 bathrooms, which are always clean. instead of one communal tap, you should know this is always the cause of chaos in such premises, hapo kwa mlango ya kila mtu weka tap…alafu be prepared watu kuhepa na rent, so lazima you have one faithful tenant wa ku-snitch on the rest.

INV

Investment accountants who know the law, you will enjoy the rest of your life if you found a reliable one.

@Purr_27 niaje?

Poa sana my friend