business idea

Kanyari alert

Given the amount of investment I would not invest in any of the above if am not a full time farmer or actively trading in stock For a rookie entrepreneur I suggest you invest the money in your current field…

Entrepreneurship is about passion… Get something you’re passionate about to maintain the drive and ambition when things don’t go as expected.

1 Like

Ongeza 50k kwa hiyo nikupatie 50 by 100 hapa kangundo road.

1 Like

Hii ndio inaitwa lazy thinking wakenya wanakufa maskini

Unfortunately, the listing went down with KLost and some tugs took my laptop. I would have to do it again.

But, you need to be careful with dairy farming. Dont, and I repeat, dont, try it if you aren’t ready to dedicate your 100% time to it at least in the first year. I have a successful dairy farm but it took my 6 months away from family and KLost.

Harafu, hii story ya 20 litres/day @55 can be misleading. You will get 20, or even 30 per day, but not consistently. On average, a good cow will give you 4500 litres per year. At 55, that is approx 250K. The cow will eat a whole bale of hay plus supplements. During the earlier part of this year, we were buying a bale at 320, sasa imeshuka iko 200. Dairy meal ni karibu 4k. Hujaongeza dawa, workers, etc.
What am saying is that it may not make much sense to pump your money to one cow only. If you can manage say 10 cows, it is worthwhile. Economies of scale apply seriously in dairy farming.

You may hit me on inbox if you decide to go that route. I offer free training at my farm, na nitakuuzia dama poa.

2 Likes

So essentially a dairy cow gives an average of five hundred Bob per day

Uko na papers ama umataka kunichapa maji

:confused::eek:

1 Like

Had earlier asked you where can I get a chicken coop for layers,i’m ready to invest in poultry farming ,nitashukuru ,been to business 101 facebook page sijasaidika,asande omwami.

More like it, but there are so many other variables. Plus there are days it will give you -500 per day (ukingojea izae).

Just build. It’s very simple. And a business chicken coop isn’t portable, it’s a whole building which you can enter. Go to the kenchic website wacha kua lazy. unless unataka za kukula kama mpoka.

1 Like

Unfortunately, am not in to chicken farming.

@Luther12 had once posted something on chicken. Uko wapi daktari tusaindie omwami?

Enda head office ya kenchic i think they have free training every Monday… Alafu ntakujia jogoo omwami

1 Like

pia mimi pamba nitakujia jogoo

Mimi nataka layers by august lazima ni ikuwe nimesonga kiasi.

My friend, layers jitayarishe kulisha Kuku 1000 plus for eight months without any profit. Na hizo vitu zinakula kama mchwa, you must be really patient. Why i say a flock of thousand is that’s the minimum number for me in order to make something. Remember if you want a thousand eggs, put 1200 chicken as not all will lay daily. About 80%if you are very good at it

1 Like

From the little experience I’ve had, The best way to make it big in animal farming is to KNOW HOW TO PRODUCE YOUR OWN FEED, AND HOW TO MARKET YOUR PRODUCE… if you crack that, you are miles ahead of the competition. feed is very expensive and the producers end up making the bulk of the cash plus the middleman who buys your products… Remember you have toiled day and night for them and the sad thing is if the animals die the loss is entirely on you. While you share the profits when things are good

hii ndio watu husahau, there is a guy ameweka fish pond without the resources to sustain the project to the point where it will bring in money, hata pesa ya chakula zao hana, changing water is a problem, the cat fish have began eating one another

1 Like

Correct. For example chicken feed is about four times the price of buying the chicks themselves in broiler farming. And please note it’s just a period of 42 days for them to mature. Plus kuna housing cost vaccines labour etc… So if you buy say a hundred broiler chicks from kenchic at 65@ you should arm yourself with about 20k for food alone

Twas just a .pdf document/manual on how to go about it. Wale nilitumia can share it with the rest here.