Buy or No Buy? - Tatu City launches sale of Sh4m two-bedroom apartments

Bro, you need to visit that place to see for yourself… the progress is amazing.

I think I saw somebody here state that some buildings ask for service charge upto 20k a month.

Na mtu hataki kuishi Kamulu?

Hakuna kitu ya maana Tatu City. That place will be mostly kichaka for ages. Sai kuna Oaklands, tena kuna sijui Northlands, mara Konza…most of these places ni watu walishika mashamba kitambo na wameshindwa kuuza izo land zote after farming biz iharibike(due to them being unable to compete with other countries producing at lower costs). Alafu hii story ya industrial park kwanza me huona ni mchezo. An industry sets up near access to distribution, raw materials and other factors of production, si ati unabandika jina Industrial Park katikati ya kichaka ya kahawa ati sasa directors wa mafactory watamake decision kukuja hapo. Secondly, sitaki kuishi karibu na industries zinapiga kelele na kutoa moshi kila saa, mara ma trailer zinapita pita hapo kila saa zikichukua mizigo na kuleta materials. Third, sitaki kuishi karibu sana na job ndio niseperate family life and work life. That not withstanding, 4M for 2 bedroom si mbaya…unaeza buy uishi hapo uwache kusumbuana na landlord alafu after miaka kadhaa saa zile ukona doe ya kujenga uuze iyo hao at 7M na ununue izo mashamba rent payers watakua wameshikilia wakijidanganya wamemake profit yet wamekua wakilipa rent na inflation imehappen so really wako pale pale tu. Watu wa kubuy shamba wanafkirianga cager haziappreciatingi in value…KAMA HAUKO READY KUJENGA USINUNUE PLOT KAMA WEWE NI RENT PAYER…hiyo value land yako itapanda ndio rent yenye unalipa. As long as unalipa rent, ukinunua shamba 2M na uuza at 4M hujajisaidia, infact unaeza kua ata negative ukitoa rent yako na ukihesabu inflation. In my opinion, an apartment or a house is a better investment, especially if it means you stop paying rent or you rent it out for regular money. Ukikua na ka-shida na ukona pesa ya rent inaingia iyo ni PLUS, ukikua na shida uanze kutafuta mtu wa kunua shamba yako UTATESEKA MY FRIEND. Ama ukikufa na watoi wako wako primary school, watateseka kuuza shamba zako ndio walipe fees na rent warudi zero…but kama umewaachia nyumba yenye hawalipi rent ama nyumba inawapea rent they are much better. Nunua shamba saa zile uko ready kujenga, wachaneni na upuzi ya speculation hiyo haijawai saidia mtu.

Hakuna kitu ya maana Tatu City.

This is some ignorant shit… you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Tatu city is happening.

How many acres is it? Have you been to Oaklands? Northlands? Too much land hiyo area. It will take very many years, just put your money in a house where you can collect rent or stop paying a landlord as the house appreciates. When ur ready to build uza iyo nyumba and buy at Tatu City whatever the price will be. You will be better off. Izo story za industrial park before ijae mtangojea mpaka 2050…NO WAY a factory will go to Tatu City just because it is labelled Industrial park boss! This is a business of production. Si ati industries zile zinaexist zikona shida mahali ziko sai. And there arent too many Industries in Kenya and in Africa in general to fill up that place.

Once again you are displaying your ignorance… tatu city is not the first of its kind. similar cities with industrial parks integrated within thier master plan exist around the world and i can assure you the planning of tatu city is superb. Do you think someone would invest millions of dollars to come up with masterplan that doesn’t address functionality of spaces and areas!!! On factories bro visit the place utashangaa ppl have already set up shop… copias headquarters is at tatu city. Spare a saturday and visit the place alafu ukuje tuongea coz as it is you are speaking out of ignorance.

I hear you. I have visited the place severally and other areas around. Kuna factory ya Dormans(coffee), na tuwarehouse hapo for lease, kina Copia…nothing ati major. I think there are much better investments. I would buy the 4M apartments but not the land.There are industrial parks globally but weka context…we are in Kenya, economy is struggling, it is not as if industries are opening shop daily…that area was coffee farms which closed after failing to compete with coffee prices globally. The concept is good but in Kenya it is not appealing. But I respect your views. There are already gated communities in that area selling land, they had to come up with the industrial park concept to try be different but I am not convinced. I would rather buy an apartment giving me rent plus appreciating in value than buy land in Tatu City with many promises that it will be sijui a city with industries. Kenya economy has more manufacturers closing shop than opening shop.

Also, it is not easy just to put some tarmac and basic infrastructure and expect ati now industries will come there. Like I said, the successful ones globally had factors of production and regulation which is appealing. People open industries to be near their market, to be near raw materials, to be near distribution, to be near cheap labour or capital and things like that…not because there was a coffee farm which failed and someone wants to sell the land.

Those huge coffee farms did not fail. It’s just that real estate provided the owners with better return on investment.

Another thing, Ruiru ni Nairobi sasa. There’s no difference logisticswise between Ruiru and Mombasa Road or Industrial area. So ukisema factories in Tatu ziko mbali na raw materials, customers and cheap labour sijui unasema nini. How long would it take to get a product from Tatu to Westlands?

Lastly the biggest reason why companies are setting up there is because Tatu is designated as a Special Economic Zone.Enda google hio ni nini.

I would rather buy an apartment giving me rent plus appreciating in value than buy land in Tatu City with many promises that it will be sijui a city with industries. Kenya economy has more manufacturers closing shop than opening shop.

Here we go again with the assumptions… anyone who is able to buy an 11m plot and build a 10m house is no worried about cash flow they are already making money.
Kindly, indulge me and share statistics of manufacturers closing shop vs those opening. I will wait!
When you say the project is not appealing who exactly is it not appealing to? Perhaps you… coz i personally think its fantastic idea.
Fyi. Nobody wakes up and decides to come up with such an idea out of nowhere proper research and casestudies worth millions of dollars are done before pen is put to paper.

Wewe endelea kupiga kelele… since 2015 over 50 companies have set shop in tatu city… here is sample of companies
Unilever, Chandaria Industries, Dormans, Coopers K-Brands, Africa Logistics Properties, Kim-Fay, Davis & Shirtliff, Tianlong, Parma Medical, Stecol Corporation, Kenstar, Maxam, Monwalk, Freight Forwarders Kenya, Gallagher, Friendship Containers, Bakpharm and Shenzhen Star

Do your research. With brokers in the coffee sector, lack of government support, the farmers were getting peanuts. On top of that, in other markets, guys are producing coffee more cheap plus without brokers.

You are also assuming that all factories sell products only in Nairobi/Westlands. Also, sio access to markets only, kuna other aspects…unataka factory ya cement iende Ruiru?

First of all, more than nusu ya hizo umetaja ni za shareholders wa Tatu City. Industries Kenya sio mob vile unafkiria…na many in other places already own their land. Second of all, buying an eighth or a quarter because you are waiting for billionaires to set up factories wewe ndio utabaki umelia at the end of the day. Third, we have a limited number of factories and they are closing shop every day, shida yao sio land but the cost of manufacturing in Kenya(taxes, electricity, fuel na kadhalika)…umewai skia factory ikisema shida yake ni land?

Boss, someone who can buy a plot 11m in cash to build and live in has options, buying in the middle of a dead coffee farm where he will be next to noisy factories with their trucks and wokers streaming in is not what they want. Tell me 5 new factories in Kenya in 2020.

Ati no one comes up with such an idea out of nowhere? Boss, are you serious? Someone wanting to sell land in Kenya will even tell you all Chinese factories will be in Tatu City just to sell you a plot.

This why more companies will be setting up shop in tatu city… and nowhere did mention buying land for speculation ppl are buying to build their dream houses…

Tatu City, the new city development that is home to Tatu Industrial Park, is Nairobi’s only Special Economic Zone, where businesses qualify for low corporate taxes, as well as customs and excise duty exemptions and zero VAT.

Once again cut the bullshit leta statistics za opening vs closing and while at it bring the cr12 of shareholding that shows half of those companies are shareholders.

This level of ignorance is unbecoming. Kindly educate yourself on master planing and urban planning. To be specific find info on tatu city.

Boss, just google and read the Kenya statistical abstract 2019 report. Manufacturing is on a decline. Hizi vitu zako ni propaganda. Buy land for its current value kama unanunua…story za dream homes wachana nayo…talk of current reality. Stop buying land for fantasies na stories unapewa na the seller. You sound like someone unaeza uziwa anything. You sound like you voted for a candidate coz uliona picha za sgr na stadium kwa billboard.

Bro, from 2015 to early 2018 nimekua na project kamiti corner i used to drive by tatu city on a daily basis i saw 3 international school come up and some of those factories bn built… i know exactly what is happening there and i can gurantee that place will change how we design cities it happening at unprecedented rate.
And kindly revert to your original handle …:smiley:

Hizo story za schools zimeopen karibu and other stuff like that are all speculative ndio mahali unaanguka hesabu. That’s why you will keep wondering why people pay alot of rent to live in an apartment in Kilimani instead of a mansion in Ruiru or Kitengela. Even if 20 international schools open there, no one cares, izo ni marketing nonesense za watu wanauza land izo places wanajua they have to tell you such things to convince you…after all, most people take kids to 844 schools. Place ya maana itajiuza bila kuambiwa ju ya industrial parks and schools and stuff. And that is why apartments Kilimani zitaendelea kusimamishwa.

Sina handle ingine buda!