Buying a car in Mombasa

Just avoid importing in november/december.Let’s say we are in 2018.You are not alowed to import cars which are above 7 years old.Which means you are not supposed to import cars below 2011.Keep adding one year every year.This year in december do not import a 2011 car.Itachelewa na ikataliwa but 2012 upwards itakubaliwa because it will reach next year.

The car dealer were colluding with police . He conned about 16 customers

sbt japan wana ofisi nairobi na coast just search for their contacts hapo google holla at them
advantage na wao is that watakutafutia gari poa as per your niche na depending na mfuko bila kudeal na mabrokers wata import gari which are mostly new models n very clean na wakuletee at your doostep na logbook though at an extra coast ya 10k which is worth coz gari ni cheaper

disadvantage kubwa is that u have to wait kindu 6 weeks

How much exactly do you look to save importing the car yourself? I know someone who got a car that was on the ship already so in 3wks alikuwa na gari

Between 50k and 200k depending on the price of the vehicle in kenya and the one overseas.

I find it hilarious how Kenyans trust anything foreign. I have seen SBT JAPAN change from a Japanese ran company to a Pakistani run company. Your sales guys will be the Mohammed’s and Essas based in a call Centre somewhere in Pakistan. This comes with a great change in actual car quality and service. There margins are between 100k -300k per car bought from auction. There are Kenyans who provide this service too. If you trust someone to source this for you, and get it in contract, you’ll save money on a good deal

Nisaidie na websites zingine except sbtjapan,tradecarview,beforward,magarijapan,ibcjapan.

I buy mine directly from auction. Not stock.

Kwani uko japan?

I have guys there.

Unataka kumaniisha gari kama Toyota passo yenye inauzwa kwa website kitu 220k kwa auction unaipata na 100k?

uncle wakishindwa kununua gari kwako watupe kipande hii,niko na gari za kila mfuko,uncle wakati nitakafunga nitakuona uni importie moja

Scumbag Alert: Avoid tradecarview, magarijapan and ibcjapan.

Magarijapan nimetumia mara mingi.Hizo zingine bado.Leta uhondo.

Very insightful thread

Most of those cars they sell are of the poorest quality from Japan.
What most people dont know is that there is a numerical ranking of numbers with 5 been a brand new and 1 been bure
Export quality is usually between 4-4.5. Those guys will ship in the 3 or even below rank, and sell to unsuspecting Kenyans
They come and rewind the milage at Majengo, and before you know it you think the car has done 52.000kms, kumbe it was 123,000

:D:D
you sound as if you “broke” on behalf of the brokers.

Guys, I’m also in the import business. It’s actually cheaper to import a 2012 car compared to a 2011 car. Due to supply and demand blah blah, 2012 cars are cheaper because everyone is buying 2011 cars. What you save in the CIF cost is what you’ll pay extra in duty and taxes. And if you know the right people at the port, you can save further by clearing it as a 2011 car…

Halafu siku moja uone jina lako/ gari lako kwa gazeti likitafutwa na polisi/ KRA.