Buying a car

Most of the comments are informed by personal fears and insecurities. Owning a car is perhaps the best experience one will ever have. The versatility, flexibility et al are out of this world. Let the OP buy a car ajionee mwenyewe. My advice would be asinunue gari mzee. A relatively new car would be easy on the pocket compared to a junk picked up for less than 500k.

This is not even a jalopy, certainly a bottom of the barrel junk, costing less than 100k… Ama umekimbilia SUV or German/European machine junk…those are the worst…

Anza na a small engine vehicle. 1500cc or less. Buy an ex-Japan thing. Mostly the Toyota brands. Don’t fall into the trap of buying European or American guzzlers. Avoid show-off and being too generous with your car. Make a point of looking for a reliable honest mechanic and pay him regular visits hata kama ni salamu tu. Always check the suspension before making long trips especially in off-road areas.

I repeat gari sio mbaya, but if CONSUMPTION is top of your worries utaumia. Wacha nikwambie ukweli tu. Even if you buy ex-Japan especially the cheapest brand which is Nissan, issues za suspension hautawachana nazo when your car hits a few potholes and bumps on Kenyan roads.

Ama you end up buy a stupid car like Belta which is garbage to say the least. Poor ground clearance, crazy body roll among other issues.

Some of these exJaps cars huwa zinachemka even before they complete their Maiden trip from Mombasa to Nairobi because people import the lowest quality grade possible. Gari inafika Kenya na mileage ya 200,000KM kwa odometer. What kind of fuckery is that?

If you are currently in a position where you can spend 10K in a weekend na bado you save and meet all your bills comfortably, then uko ready for car ownership. But if kutoa 1K kwa mfuko yako leaves you scratching your head, a car will only give you blood pressure…kwanza if bought on loan.

Utanikumbuka one day when you finally manage to get behind the wheel. :D:D

lessons - 15K
Helmet - 15K
Jacket - 15K
Boots - 15K
Gloves - 3K
3rd party insurance - 4K
Boxer - 100K
Fuel per day - 50 bob or half a litre of petrol

Kusumbuliwa na kanjo?
Mvua?
Kubebana na chain ya kufunga?
Kuanguka?
Kugongwa?

Kusumbuliwa na kanjo? if you are not a simping beta, uma wao ngumi, if you are one, most of the building in town have parking slots/ basements… you just need to find one that is not katikati ya town, park, in the morning, go about your business, jioni u pick her up n go home
Mvua? → kuna rain gear/ water proof, riding in the rain is fun… don’t speed n try and avoid nylon tyres or park at a nearby petrol station, ukunywe dawa with honey as the rain punguas
Kubebana na chain ya kufunga? if you get the safe packing place right you don’t need the chain, we’re not in the 80s, unless unaibeba ugonge burukenge kanjo
Kuanguka? Kugongwa? Normal but get insurance, proper training, and proper gear

Hi ni story ya base ya Jaba. An imported exjapan vehicle will give him 3 good years before achange serious parts. My current unit imported with 192k on the odo has done an extra 70k but still breathes like a baby. Gari ni maintenance. Hiyo story ya overheating ni outliers.

Ai boss, I’d NEVER leave my bike unchained…hata UK kwenye wizi is less unchained bikes huibiwa pap. Anyway, I used to want to be a biker then nikawatch Bestgore…na syke ikaisha :smiley: